Seoul of ancient times could not recover after the war, which brought the kingdom only devastation and new deaths. Another misfortune on the road to prosperity is the death of the ruler, who for a long time led Seoul. But not everyone is interested in others to learn about the death of the King. Therefore, new plots are invented that can hide such a big secret from prying eyes…
When will the series “Kingdom Season 2” come out?
The sequel to the exciting fantasy action movie “Kingdom” will appear on March 13, 2020 on Netflix video hosting.
The creators were able to embody such horror on the screen that only the “Game of Thrones” or the series “Chambers” can be compared to Uma Thurman by bloodthirstiness. Evil and other terrible creatures and threaten to get out of the TV screen.
At a time when ancient Seoul could not recover after a ruin, the ruler died. But his part returns to this world in the form of a terrifying creature that is ready to devour everything in its path. Royal Counselor Cho decides not to reveal this secret, but in order to keep it as long as possible, he decides to put into action some of his ingenious plans.
One of these plans is regular feeding of the King. Moreover, not by someone, but by his own courtiers, of whom, fortunately Cho, there are a great many. The deceased monarch is left with the son of Yi Chang, who is not satisfied with the fact that he has not seen his father for several days with whom he lives on the same territory.
Yi Chang decides to see his father at all costs, but then Cho comes in, accusing the Prince of treason. To avoid punishment, Yi Chang leaves the palace and leads the way to the doctor. Some time ago, he was engaged in the treatment of the King, so the Prince is so interested in finding this person.
Yi Chang and his companions find complete chaos in a rural hospital – there are huge piles of human bodies that are hidden from the sun. What will Yi Chang do now? Will he be able to understand that his father is no longer alive and that the royal adviser Cho, who imagines himself smarter than others, is causing confusion?
In season 1 there were a lot of production scenes that fascinate with their scope. But season 2 will already be about the reign of Yi Chang, who eagerly decides to deal with enemies claiming the throne. We are waiting for the new action from the Korean creators!
Actors and their roles
- Yi Chang – Prince, heir to the throne, is trying to solve the mystery of his father’s death, while his main enemy is the royal adviser, who by hook or by crook tries to ward off the heir from the throne, realized about the insidious plot, when he came to the village hospital and discovered rotting corpses dumped in a common pile and closed from the sun – Ju Ji-hoon.
- Cho Hak-ju – a royal adviser who carefully protects the throne from attacks by Yi Chang, trying to keep the ruler’s death secret, but his plans have not narrowed to reality, since Yi Chang has already launched an offensive – Ryu Seung-ryong.
- Yeong-shin – Kim Sung-gyu.
- Kim Seong-hun acted as the director of the series. He works in his native country, while not planning to travel abroad. Under his leadership, the series “A Hard Day”, “The Tunnel”, “How the Lack of Love Affects Two Men” were released. For the work of Seong-hun chooses exciting films and series, in which many scenes of fights.
- The series is based on a comic written by Kim Eun-hee. The girl loves this kind of pictures, so she decided to write a comic, and later became one of the project’s scriptwriters. Her colleague was Yang Kyung-il, who also worked on creating a comic book. Surprisingly, this is Yang Kyung-il’s first work, and the comic immediately became immediately popular and was filmed by Kim Eun-hee.
- Cha Seon-yeong became a costume designer. We can see a certain atmosphere in the series, charming women’s outfits, fighting men’s garb – all this was created by Cha Seon-yeong. At the same time, he was clearly limited in terms – it took him 1.5 months to create costumes and decide on the appearance of the characters. Kim Seong-hun twice asked to alter the costume of the protagonist.
- Some scenes of season 1 had to be shot indoors and used artificial light. Part of the scenes was filmed in the open area – as a result of editing, these small flaws have become less noticeable. The season 2 began to be filmed in February 2019, while the places for filming were very diverse, but the director took into account the previous confusion with the light and decided to use more lighting.
- Ju Ji-hoon is one of the most versatile actors in his country. He starred in dramatic feature films and action films, and even in comedy series. Among his best works are the paintings “Asura: The City of Madness”, “The Spy Gone Nort” and “Dark Figure of Crime”.
Kingdom Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||March 13, 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||March 20, 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||March 27, 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||April 3, 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||April 10, 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||April 17, 2020|