Krypton Season 3
The plot unfolds around the ancestors of modern Superman. They fought for their home planet and tried to prove to their fellow countrymen that there were other species similar to them in the Universe. But the authorities decided differently, and took everything from El’s family – their reputation and the right to have a comfortable life. Only Superman’s grandfather did not want to take on all the fates. He decided by all means to prove the truth of his ancestors…
When will the series “Krypton Season 3” be released?
The lead actor Cameron Cuffe is happy to continue shooting, because for two seasons he fell in love with his hero. Throughout his life, he was an avid fan of Superman, and now he has the opportunity to participate in the creation of a new storyline from the DC movie universe.
The creators of the project did not fully talk about the launch of season 3 of the Krypton show. Unfortunately, in August 2019, Syfy made a statement on the closure of the project.
As a little boy, Seg-El and his parents witnessed the death of Grandfather Val-El, who claimed that there were other civilizations outside of Krypton. In order to protect the world from such statements, the Krypton authorities decided to take away the title from the El family, to recognize them as rejected. They also signed the death sentence on Val-El.
Seg-El’s parents had to submit to the fate and raise their son in the area with poor creatures. Only the outcasts who had no rights and freedoms lived here, and more often than not they became the target for beating. Parents hardly kept their low positions under the government, but they could not regain their honest name.
It took several decades. Seg-El could not accept the loss of his grandfather. He does not want to be an obedient son, earns money on betting, does not spend the night at home and secretly meets a girl whom he can never marry. And then an unknown person appears who claims that the El family has a secret place. It remains only to find out exactly where.
Seg’s mom decides to help him. But the government quickly realizes that the El are again instigating a rebellion, similar in magnitude to what Val-El made several years ago. To stop the chaos that the El family creates, the authorities decide to subjugate the family even more. Unfortunately, by protecting the son, both parents lose their lives at the hands of the mother of Seg’s beloved.
Having lost all hope for a normal future, Seg-El, as the only representative of the El clan, decides to fight the Krypton government. But now he has almost no one left. An unknown newcomer from the future, one friend who can occasionally be thrown into trouble and a girl whose mother brutally murdered his parents…
Actors and their roles
- Seg-El – the protagonist, in the chronology of the Universe DC is Superman’s grandfather; learns about the existence of new civilizations and tries to prove it to the rest; lost the whole family at the hands of the Krypton government, which she saw in the grandfather, mother and father of Seg the enemies of the people; secretly meets with Lyta-Zod – Cameron Cuffe.
- Lyta-Zod – a stubborn girl, she studies in the Kryptonian military guild; a few days before the death of Seg’s parents, she admitted that she had to marry a cadet who was studying with her – Georgina Campbell.
- Daron-Vex – delivered a death sentence to the entire El family, after which he became Seg’s archenemy; dreams of a guy marrying his youngest daughter, Nyssa-Vex; is the chief judge of Kandor – Elliot Cowan.
- Kem – a friend of Seg, has a wide knowledge of engineering – Rasmus Hardiker.
- They started talking about the series in 2014, when Syfy TV channel bought the rights to broadcast. Ian Goldberg acted as screenwriter, and David Goyer became the producer of the film. For a long time, the project was under development, but eventually the filming date was set. True, not all the actors at that moment were free – some shots had to be shot much later.
- There were a lot of rumors around the project. One of the most truthful is the direct relationship of the “Krypton” series to other Superman films. As a result, during the filming of the 1st season, it turned out that “Krypton” has nothing in common with other works, which means it will be put forward as a separate project. The decision was made a month before the premiere.
- By April 2017, the picture was ready, but could only be released a year later. There were documentary differences between the management of the Syfy channel and the creators of the series, which could not be resolved in time. I had to postpone the series in a distant box, as well as engage in the production of the season 2 for fear and risk.
- Georgina Campbell initially refused to participate in the project in favor of another series. But unforeseen difficulties arose that prevented her from taking part in the filming. So she returned to the set of the Krypton series, which she did not regret.
Krypton Season 3: Release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||June 2020|
|3x02||Series 2||June 2020|
|3x03||Series 3||June 2020|
|3x04||Series 4||June 2020|
|3x05||Series 5||June 2020|
|3x06||Series 6||June 2020|
|3x07||Series 7||June 2020|
|3x08||Series 8||June 2020|
|3x09||Series 9||June 2020|
|3x10||Series 10||June 2020|