In April 2021, Berlanti Productions, Quinn’s House and Warner Bros. Television has announced a remake of the TV series of the same name, released in the distant 70s. The main character is a girl named Nicky, who could not find a place for herself and left to explore her inner world in a monastery where they teach hand-to-hand combat. Upon arrival home, she was not given the most cordial welcome, because over the years everything has changed…
“Kung Fu ss 3”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the exciting TV show “Kung Fu” has not been officially announced. But here it is worth remembering that the original project of the same name had 3 seasons. Therefore, there is every chance to see what will happen to the heroes at the end of their winding path. With a high degree of probability, the season 3 of the TV series “Kung Fu” will be released in the spring of 2023. We add that the rating of the picture, unfortunately, is rapidly falling.
Studying at the institute was not easy for Nicky Shen. Mainly because her mental state was unstable. She knew she had to take a different path, but where to go was unclear. Deciding to follow her heart, Nicky leaves her family, friends, loved one, and goes to a secluded place where girls like her master martial arts. Finally, she manages to comprehend inner harmony.
Upon arrival at her parental home, Nicky stumbles upon a misunderstanding from loved ones. Not everyone is ready to accept it with kindness. Even the ex-boyfriend got a new girlfriend, considering Nicky to have run away not only from problems, but also from him. While the fugitive is trying to improve relations with relatives, problems arise that require immediate solutions.
Local bandits decided to take some of the profits from the cafe owned by Nicky’s parents. To protect the honor of her father and mother, she tries to fight back, but it turns out with difficulty. Criminals find new ways to take over the cafe’s proceeds. Enlisting the support of a new acquaintance named Henry, Nicky is looking for ways to influence her enemies.
Throughout the first season, she learns a lot about her ancestors. Mom says that warriors in their family are far from uncommon. But their life is too short for a mother to want her daughter to follow in their footsteps. Despite her inhibitions, Nicky continues to protect the family and prepares for more attacks. In season 2, the girl began to feel that a peaceful life surrounds her, but at that moment an attack is made in her home.
Trying to find out who is behind this, Nicky asks for help from her ex-boyfriend and sister. The person who broke into the house turns out to be… A distant relative of the family! The killers have been looking for her for a long time, so she had to carefully conspire and even hide from relatives. Nicky is ready to help her, but will this be the right step towards a family reunion?..
Actors and their roles
- Nicky Shen — looking for her destiny; was forced to leave and leave everything, eventually found herself in martial arts; was a victim in a duel in a monastery, after which she came home and was poorly received by her family; in season 2, she helps her mother run the family’s cafe, as there are a lot of customers; she is dating Henry; supports gay brother — Olivia Liang.
- Althea Shen — Nicky’s sister; impulsive girl, always looks at things optimistically; able to crack any computer codes; in season 1 she was preparing for the upcoming wedding, dreaming that everything was perfect and calling this event the “wedding of the century”; always looks great; wants to climb the career ladder, but her management does not give her such an opportunity — Shannon Dang.
- Henry Yan — Nicky’s current lover; is fluent in combat techniques; studying at the university; always helps in a difficult situation; they can talk heart to heart with him, he is quick-witted, smart, erudite — Eddie Liu.
- Evan Hartley — Nicky’s ex-boyfriend; still helps her collect the necessary information about the enemies and sometimes even participates in battle scenes where he certainly needs help — Gavin Stenhouse.
- Since April 7, 2021, The CW has been broadcasting the TV series “Kung Fu”. Each season consists of 13 episodes. The duration of the episode is 45 minutes. Canada was chosen as a location for filming. An impromptu monastery, created by the hands of production designers and decorators, was also located here.
- In Season 1, viewership dropped from 1.40 million to 0.83 within the United States. Season 2 was watched by no more than 0.6 million, but the creators have every chance to make season 3 more interesting and spectacular, because, based on the original script, the most unexpected plot twists begin to unfold in it.
- One of the producers of the project was Greg Berlanti. There are many worthy TV series in his filmography: “Everwood”, “Dirty Sexy Money”, “Prodigal Son“, “Brothers & Sisters”, “Superman & Lois“.
- Tzi Ma, who played the protagonist’s father, announced his retirement from big cinema because of health problems.
Kung Fu Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||spring 2023|
|3x02||Series 2||spring 2023|
|3x03||Series 3||spring 2023|
|3x04||Series 4||spring 2023|
|3x05||Series 5||spring 2023|
|3x06||Series 6||spring 2023|
|3x07||Series 7||spring 2023|
|3x08||Series 8||spring 2023|
|3x09||Series 9||spring 2023|
|3x10||Series 10||spring 2023|