Beth is an ordinary woman who, in her early 30s, works in trade and successfully implements her projects. She meets her even more successful colleague and the case is close to marriage. But the girl is not sure that this is exactly what she wants. To determine her inner desires, Beth will have to change the world around her and she intends to start right now! But will it work?
“Life & Beth ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the comedy-drama “Life & Beth” has not been officially announced. But since season 1 received a huge amount of positive feedback from viewers and film critics, then the continuation of the TV series is quite possible. Currently there is no information about the filming of new episodes. But if work starts soon, then “Life & Beth” season 2 will most likely premiere by spring 2023. We continue to follow the news and await confirmation of the renewal of the TV show.
An apartment in Manhattan, an enviable fiance Matt, a job selling wine — Beth has a great life! But there is never a smile on her face. Beth is closed, often calls her sister to complain about failures, and also hardly tolerates intimacy with her lover. She was so tired of his consumer attitude that the girl began to think about an alternative future. Already without him.
On a holiday, Beth receives news of her mother’s death in a car accident. It was so hard for her sister to accept the information that Beth went through all the funeral procedures alone. Deciding to support his beloved, Matt arranges a surprise for her in a cafe — to the sound of music and the applause of colleagues, he proposes to Beth to marry him. She is confused and does not answer.
But it is impossible to be in an obscure relationship forever. Gathering her strength, Beth invites Matt to leave and live their own lives. The man is shocked, cannot understand why this happened, because they had a good union. He gets drunk at work, starts smoking, and colleagues openly ask Beth to talk to her ex-boyfriend, to calm him down. Everything is unsuccessful — Matt is crushed and does not know what to do next.
Alternately with current events, Beth recalls what happened to her in her teenage life: the first kiss, hugs, falling in love, friends and first mistakes. All this helps her realize what she really wants. Beth returns to writing diaries, more and more immersed in herself and meets new people in her life. They are not perfect, but become the closest for Beth.
One of these new acquaintances is John. It changes Beth’s understanding of the world, forcing her to plunge not into the colorful life that has always surrounded her, but into the real one, where the rabbit, which you petted on the lawn an hour ago, now lies cooked in a plate. In the modern world, it sounds crazy, but this is exactly the kind of life that an adventure lover wanted!..
Actors and their roles
- Beth — tries to change life for the better and successfully goes to the goal, but others do not understand her actions, because they are contrary to logic; she is not satisfied with the handsome and successful man Matt, whom she eventually leaves, and starts a relationship with a farmer; Beth is vulnerable, but no one wants to notice it. Beth is played by Violet Young as a young girl and Amy Schumer as an adult.
- Ann — Beth’s sister; suffers from a mental disorder; quickly loses her temper; hates father; despises mother for lack of respect for herself; often reproaches her sister for life’s failures, but always comes to the rescue; unable to contain emotions — Susannah Flood.
- John — lives on a farm, does housework; knows how to handle livestock; spends a lot of time gardening; has a vague idea of life beyond it; cooks deliciously; kind, smart, cheerful; not capable of romantic gestures, but tries to look more confident when he decides to make them — Michael Cera.
- Matt — Beth’s ex-boyfriend; the best employee of a wine company; he was very close friends with his future mother-in-law, called her more often than her daughter; was ready to take Beth as his wife after the death of her mother, because in this way he wanted to cheer her up; was very upset by the breakup, even started smoking and contemplated suicide — Kevin Kane.
- The TV series “Life & Beth” was written by Amy Schumer. She was assisted by Colleen McGuinness (“Ramy”, “Stargirl“), Emily Goldwyn (“Lake Mead”, “Emily in Paris“) and Ron Weiner (“Silicon Valley”, “Futurama”, “Arrested Development”).
- Kevin Kane not only played the charming and handsome Matt, but he also directed the episode 5.
- The TV show is in the genre of situation comedy, contains elements of drama and frank scenes of marital life, which not every viewer will appreciate.
- Amy Schumer is a popular American stand-up comedian and is rarely seen in movies. In 2021, only the 9th film with her participation called “The Humans” was released.
Life & Beth Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||spring 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||spring 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||spring 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||spring 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||spring 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||spring 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||spring 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||spring 2023|
|2x09||Series 9||spring 2023|
|2x10||Series 10||spring 2023|