The events of the TV show “Lisey’s Story” unfold from the moment Scott Landon falls from the bullet of an ill-wisher in front of dozens of people. His wife Lisey, who was nearby, approaches her husband at the last moment, and he says a farewell speech to her. After that, 2 long years passed. The woman still has not been able to recover from the tragedy, and in her memoirs, Lisey increasingly turns to her husband…
“Lisey’s Story ss 2”: release date, announcement
We would like to believe that viewers will see the sequel to the TV show “Lisey’s Story”, but there is no evidence for this. No release date has been announced at this time. We will check the information in early 2022 and update the article if something becomes known.
Any night for a widow is a test. Lisey has terrifying nightmares in which she sees the death of loved ones, and sometimes even her own. Her husband passed away when he was at the peak of his popularity. Literary critics dreamed of taking possession of his posthumous texts, but his wife stood her ground – she did not want to sell the best works of her lover.
Danger was waiting at every corner. Lisey was accused of not giving the people what the author deserves. She was reproached that Scott would like his works to be seen by millions, and Lisey does not agree to make a deal. But few could understand what kind of life the poor woman lived. Every day she faced such horrors that only her husband could understand.
Considering himself a bearer of bad blood, like the men in his family, Scott saw various visions. The scariest of them all was the Long Boy, who never left the fantasy dimension. Years of living with Lisey helped him fight demons, but after his death, all the terrifying nightmares were passed on to Lisey. Now she watches the Long Boy approaching day after day.
While Lisey received threats against her, a Scott fan named Jim was preparing a plan to visit the widow. His entire apartment was filled with portraits of the writer, his books, clippings from newspapers, magazines and other publications. At this time, Mrs. Landon was going through her own crisis – unable to drown out the pain of losing her husband, she was forced to care for her older sister Amanda.
At the moments of an attack, the woman began to tremor of the extremities, she injured herself and could not calm down on her own. Living with people who cannot get rid of psychological problems puts pressure on Lisey. But the Long Boy worries her even more, because soon he will break out of fantasy dimension! And then what awaits her?..
Actors and their roles
- Lisey Landon – the wife of a famous writer; all the time was in his shadow; repeatedly saved her husband from death, but ultimately could not do anything; refuses to sell her husband’s manuscripts; owns a small bookstore; trying to help her older sister, who suffers from a psychological disorder – Julianne Moore.
- Scott Landon – a popular and imaginative author; his thoughts sometimes came true, which frightened him; after death it turned out that he was not so simple and had many secrets – Clive Owen.
- Amanda – the eldest of four sisters in the Lisey family; suffers from problems in the head; inflicts wounds on herself, after which Amanda falls into a coma; found a common language with Scott – Joan Allen.
- Jim – a fan of Scott Landon’s art; hates the wife of her idol and is angry that she took possession of all the finances and texts of her husband – Dane DeHaan.
- The TV show became popular even before it hit the screens. In 2006, the famous writer Stephen King published the book “Lisey’s Story”, which laid the foundation for the creation of the TV version. In 2018, preparations began for filming, but King himself made no attempt to interfere with the modified script.
- In 2021, rumors surfaced that King had decided to finish writing the novel for a second season. In fact, this became another gossip that was not confirmed after contacting official sources.
- Season 1 aired on Apple TV + in June 2021. At the same time, the number of viewers who bought a subscription increased sharply. Thanks to “Lisey’s Story”, Apple TV + was able to recoup all project costs in a short amount of time. Popular actors also became part of the project, the creators spent considerable amounts on royalties for them.
- ablo Larraín became the only director of the project. He chose incomparable landscapes that are etched into the memory of the viewer. Pablo could shoot one scene all day and no one was surprised if the next day he asked to re-shoot a certain moment again, because the director did not like the facial expressions on the faces of one of the actors.
- Dane DeHaan has been playing negative characters lately. After the role of Green Goblin from the movie “The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro”, it is difficult to imagine the guy in any other role. However, such is the life of actors. We wish Dane to get as many roles of characters of different nature as possible.
Lisey's Story Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
Top 10 Best Stephen King Stories (Book vs Movie)