A successful mother of four children, Elena, rents her deceased parents’ house to a visiting woman, Mia, who travels across America with her 15-year-old daughter Pearl. Difficulties in communication immediately arise between women, as their children begin to be friends with each other. And Mia exacerbates the situation, which openly lies to Elena about her past.
When will the continuation of the series “Little Fires Everywhere Season 2” come out?
Although season 1 has garnered overwhelmingly positive reviews, no sequel to the drama show “Little Fires Everywhere” has been announced.
Elena Richardson is not just a socialite. She is a pedantic woman. Everything in her is painted to the smallest detail: breakfast of children – only scrambled eggs and bacon; her daughter Izzy will only go to the orchestra; sex with husband only on Wednesday and Saturday; do not walk on the lawn and stuff. She is optimistic about life and wealth above average, and she never brags about it.
Mia’s life is completely different – she easily endures everyday difficulties, and if necessary, can spend the night with her daughter in her car. Earning a living by the craft of the artist, Mia does not pay attention to generally accepted norms. She used to live by her own rules, which often becomes the reason for moving from city to city.
Her daughter Pearl is already tired of moving and every time she asks her mother to stay in one place. But Mia has secrets, so they have to change the city for a city. At the moment when Elena handed them a house, many things have changed.
Pearl began to look with envy at Mrs. Richardson as an exemplary mother, and even reproach her mother for not putting the child in the first place, as Elena does for her children. But in Elena’s family, everything was not so smooth, as the woman had big problems in communicating with her daughter. Izzy simply refused to make contact with her mother and preferred to do what she wanted.
The daughter’s last trick was painting the safe with black paint on Elena’s lawn. Izzy comfortably settled down and did it on purpose, to once again become the object of attention of the mother. While Elena gets along well with Pearl, Izzy finds a common language with Mia, which leads to irreversible consequences and the destruction of the ideal life of the Richardson family.
Who could set fire to the family nest that Elena had been guarding for years? Izzy, who practiced arson every day, or Mia, who decided once and for all to return the love and respect of her own daughter? Are there many secrets for two families?
Actors and their roles
- Elena Richardson – a local rich lady, lives in a huge house with her husband and four teenage children; does not get along with one of the daughters, which ultimately leads to a big discord; Elena is very kind to people, polite and extremely rarely goes on insults; made friends with the daughter of her tenant – Reese Witherspoon.
- Mia – a woman traveling with her daughter from city to city; decided to rent a house with Elena, because her daughter really liked the house, and the kind Mrs. Richardson offered to pay in a way that Mia would be comfortable; woman is fond of textiles, drawing and makes crafts that can then be sold – Kerry Washington.
- Izzy – Elena’s daughter, a scandalous teenager and at the same time silent; due to such a lifestyle and inappropriate appearance, her best friend stopped communicating with her; Izzy finds understanding in a new acquaintance, Mia, who sees in her only a rebellious teenager – Megan Stott.
- Pearl – the daughter of Mia, in excellent relations with her mother, and even a quarrel cannot set them against each other; communicates well with the rest of Elena’s children; puts a woman as an example of her mother – Lexi Underwood.
- In recent years, Reese Witherspoon has taken part in many TV shows. But the most famous of them was the series “The Morning Show“, where Jennifer Aniston became her colleague. Reese played a scandalous journalist who uses rude live speech and is not afraid to tell the truth, even if it does not bring anything good.
- In real life, Megan Stott is much friendlier, but she got the role after she managed to quarrel with the director at the casting. Having poured coffee on Michael Weaver due to the fact that he called the girl not talented, Megan still received his approval. He liked how much anger Scott put into this uncultured gesture.
Little Fires Everywhere Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|