After the deaths of their father, the Locke family comes to an old house that once belonged to their ancestors. Many secrets are kept here, most of which do not bode well. Soon, mother and children realize that they are faced with something unknown. But will they be able to influence what has long been destined for them by fate?
When will the sequel to Locke & Key Season 2 be released?
Officially, work on new episodes has long been confirmed, however, the coronavirus can still prevent the release of Season 2 on time. The sequel to the thrilling show “Locke & Key” is slated to air on October 22, 2021. It is known that the filming process for Season 2 lasted from September 2020 to April 2021.
The mysterious tie of the season 1 gave the audience hope for the season 2, which means it is worth the time to watch it.
Events begin when the head of the family, Nina, takes her three children to Matheson, where a family estate called “Keyhouse” is located. There she hopes to find peace after the death of her husband and give this peace to her own children, who have changed a lot lately. Nina still does not know what awaits her family…
More recently, Nina and Rendell were a great couple. Nina loved to draw, and Rendell looked at her with undisguised enthusiasm. So time flashed, which later turned into years. They had three children. But Rendell fell into disaster – one of his students decided to find out the answers to his questions. When Rendell refused, he shot Nina and killed Rendall himself.
Nina managed to recover, but her husband was not lucky. When she stayed with three children, she realized that it was necessary to somehow get rid of depression. And what can help in this as well as possible? Naturally moving. Children with a double feeling reacted to this idea, but their mother was supported. On the first day of their stay at home, the youngest member of the family, Bode, discovered something…
The boy walked around the yard and stumbled upon a well from which a voice came. Having told adults about this, he came across a misunderstanding – they only laughed at him. No one took the child’s words seriously. From this moment, strange things began to happen to the Locke family. Later, the older children Kinsey and Tyler also felt something was wrong, but the time flywheel was already running.
Over time, everyone was confronted with secrets that had long enveloped Keyhouse. In the season 1, the audience only opened the veil of secrecy, but the main events await us in the second one. Will the main characters be able to cope with the monsters who defeated the family estate?
Actors and their roles
- Nina – the mother of Tyler, Kinsey and Bode; a kind woman living in thoughts of a dead husband; trying to make children feel good; Nina draws and develops her talent perfectly – Darby Stanchfield.
- Tyler – the most typical difficult teenager, indulges in cigarettes, spends time alone, gets nervous when he spends time with his family; communicates best with his sister, but never listens to her advice – Connor Jessup.
- Kinsey – more compliant than Tyler, but has a tough character inherited from her father; often jokes about Bode, but at the same time lovingly treats all family members – Emilia Jones.
- Bode – the most friendly of the Locke family; likes to play games with his family, but the boy is not always understood by its members; the first came across an unknown of the Keyhouse – Jackson Robert Scott.
- Initially, the series had several names, but in the end it was decided to leave the same name as the six-volume comic strip Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodríguez, according to which the series was shot. The rights to the film version belong to Netflix, who for a long time did not dare to turn the comic into life.
- The premiere took place on February 7, 2020 – all 10 episodes of the season 1 were posted on the official Netflix website in one day. The season 2 will also appear one day and will contain a similar number of episodes.
- Few people know that the real name for Joe Hill is Joseph Hillström King. He is the son of the king of horrors Stephen King and copes well with the production of horror series. “Locke & Key” is one of his best works, which has earned recognition not only as a comic book, but as a series, a board game, the meaning of which is based on moral choice.
- Jackson Robert Scott often starred in popular films. So, for example, a few years ago he played the role of Bill Denbrough’s younger brother in the thriller based on Stephen King’s novel “It”. Jackson’s character was not one of the main ones, but the audience remembered the pink cloak and the severed arm that floated in the sewer system of Denver.
- Many did not recognize Abby from the TV series “Scandal” in Darby Stanchfield, and there her character is more popular than in the “Locke & Key” project. Perhaps the next season will fix it, because according to the plot of the comic, the most “tasty” will begin in the 2nd season, where they will tell many secrets about the past Locke. Moreover, this past will be very unsightly for living family members.
Locke & Key Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 22, 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||October 22, 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||October 22, 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||October 22, 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||October 22, 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||October 22, 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||October 22, 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||October 22, 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||October 22, 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||October 22, 2021|