Alex and Sean used to be a great couple. They even got along just fine in a small trailer, but when it came time to be responsible parents, the man went out of his way. Drunken brawls that took place in front of the child did not stop. One night, Alex ran away from home with her daughter and went in search of a better life. But the reality is that it is impossible to survive without money…
“Maid ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the TV drama series “Maid” has not been officially set. Looking at the very high ratings and endless positive reviews about Season 1, viewers still hope to see their favorite characters again. But we should not forget that even before the airing of the episode 1 it was known that “Maid” is a limited TV project.
Since childhood, Alex did not know what big money is. She grew up a cheerful girl and soon met Sean. After the birth of the child, she entered the role of a mother and competently approached the upbringing of her daughter. As for Sean, month after month he consumed more and more alcohol and was already throwing dishes at his wife. Once a shard tangled in little Maddy’s hair and Alex decided: it was time to do something.
Gathering what she needs, with $ 18 in her pocket, she picks up the child in the middle of the night and drives off. Seeking help leads her to social services. The bureaucratic system is full of inaccuracies, and in order to receive at least some support for the child, Alex must find a job. Only after that she will be able to identify Maddy to the kindergarten at her place of residence. And in order to get to the interview, Alex needs to leave her daughter somewhere and with someone.
At this moment, the viewers get to know the girl’s relatives and understand why she did not turn to them for help. Her father has been living in another family for a long time and Alex has become a burden for him. It seems that he is not against communication with his daughter and granddaughter, but he is even more afraid of losing his current family.
Paula, Alex’s mother, fancies herself the greatest talent, lives in a trailer with a young lover and paints strange pictures. Leaving Maddy with her grandmother, Alex drives off for an interview. But when she comes back, the insane mother starts yelling that this child is annoying her. On top of that, she called Sean, who came and took the girl. Overwhelmed with anger, Alex rushes towards him.
Sean ridiculously tries to apologize by making dinner for the family. Alex is adamant. Realizing that his wife will leave anyway, he begins to reproach that all these years, Alex, who raised her daughter at home, lived at his expense, ate the food he bought, and lived in his trailer. Seeing all the absurdity of her husband’s thinking, the girl again takes the child and leaves for a better place. But is there such a corner on Earth where Alex will be good and safe with her daughter?..
Actors and their roles
- Alex — a young mother who understands that her child deserves a better life; leaves her drunken husband and starts working as a cleaner in the house of rich people, after which she manages to achieve small success and not depend on the opinions of others — Margaret Qualley.
- Maddy — little daughter of Alex and Sean; parents love her, but everyone has their own views on life; the girl is unpretentious, but if she gets upset, then this manifests itself very emotionally; loves her discount store doll — Rylea Nevaeh Whittet.
- Hank — Alex’s laconic father; helps his daughter free of charge if she asks for it, but is afraid to show her to his new wife and children; wants to see Maddy more often, but due to disagreements with Alex, it’s almost impossible — Billy Burke.
- Paula — lives only for herself; does not visit daughter and granddaughter; considers herself a great creator, but she actually looks untidy and lives the same way; Paula is jealous of her daughter for her young boyfriend; cannot spend more than an hour with her granddaughter, because she begins to lose control — Andie MacDowell.
- The series is based on the bestselling book “Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay and a Mother’s Will to Survive” by American writer Stephanie Land, who writes about poverty in the United States. The book came out in January 2019 and was immediately recognized as a bestseller for the honesty and depth of the problem described.
- Billy Burke became best known after the release of the movie “Twilight”, in which he played the role of Bella Swan’s father. It cannot be said that after this project, fame and offers to participate in other films fell on Billy, but he still got bright roles. For example, he starred in the horror film “Lights Out” and the thriller “Breaking In”.
- For little Rylea Nevaeh Whittet, participating in the TV series is a real breakthrough. The role of Maddy is her debut work, with which the young actress coped superbly.
- The mother of actress Andie MacDowell is also named Paul, like her character in the series.
- Filming for the TV show started in September 2020 and lasted six months until April 2021. The main locations were selected in Victoria, British Columbia.
Maid Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|