Manhunt Season 3
Each season of the series is a separate story based on real events. What could be better than a true story? So decided the creators of the series, which fell to share about the most famous demolitionists in the history of mankind. A lot of victims, a minimum of evidence and a complete misunderstanding from the public. What else lies ahead?
The premiere of the season 1 (Manhunt: Unabomber) took place on August 1, 2017 (8 episodes).
The premiere of the season 2 (Manhunt: Deadly Games) took place on February 3, 2020 (10 episodes).
When will the sequel to “Manhunt Season 3” be released?
The sequel to the detective series Manhunt is likely to be released in early 2021, as project director Michael Dinner told “The magazine” that work on Season 3 is already in full swing.
Actors are selected, roles are distributed, and the filming process began in March 2020.
The plot for season 1 was based on the story of a fuse nicknamed Unabomber. He wanted the world to hear his requests and acknowledge that people became slaves to their own inventions – computers, planes, cars, and more. Unabomber undermined people who, in his opinion, made humanity worse and changed the world for the worse.
The FBI sent their best forces to capture the criminal. But only the newcomer Jim Fitzgerald was able to understand the true motives of the demoman. It took more than 20 years to put Unabomber behind bars. During this time, Fitzgerald’s life turned upside down, and all thanks to the elusive killer. Jim was sick with the idea of putting the criminal in jail for many years, or better, in an electric chair.
Over the years, Unabomber mailed dozens of makeshift bombs that came to their recipients and exploded right in their hands. Only once he made a mistake and showed the face of a saleswoman from a computer store. Subsequently, it helped the FBI and Fitzgerald to understand that the demolitionist is Ted Kaczynski.
For season 2 the plot was chosen similar in theme. Guard Richard, who works in a huge stadium, at the time of the next match was able to defuse a makeshift bomb that threatened to explode and destroy hundreds of people. At first, fame fell on him, invitations from television programs were constantly received. But one journalist decided to give people food for thought.
She suggested that Richard himself made this bomb and hid it under the stadium. According to the woman, he wanted the glory that in the course of the plan he should have received. The long-standing confrontation between Richard, journalists and police led to irreversible consequences. The man had to do his best to prove his innocence, but was it really so?
It is still unknown what season 3 will tell us about. But soon the long-awaited trailer will appear, which will put everything in its place!
Actors and roles
- Unabomber – the real name is Ted Kaczynski; IQ 168, which is an excellent indicator compared to other people; sent parcels containing homemade bombs through mail; hates innovation, electronics, mobile phones and everything that prevents a person from living – Paul Bettany.
- Jim Fitzgerald – FBI employee, careerist, has repeatedly sacrificed relations with his family for the sake of work; moved to another city to work on the Unabomber case; in the end, he was chosen by the criminal as a confidant, since Ted Kaczynski saw in Jim a like-minded person who understood the whole essence of the rotten world – Sam Worthington.
- Richard – a security guard from the stadium where the Olympic Games are held; at first he was the hero who defused the bomb, then after the statement of the journalist, he was accused of putting it under the stands; experiencing communication problems; lives with his mother, who does not always support him – Cameron Britton.
- In order to persuade Sam Worthington to take part in the series, the creators had to increase the amount of the fee. Sam received $ 100 thousand for each series. As for Paul Bettany, he immediately agreed to the amount of $ 80 thousand and did not arrange negotiations on this matter. He was interested in participating in the show.
- Cameron Britton has his own hair and beard color – red. Every week, make-up artists had to paint his head and mustache – all this belongs to Cameron, there is nothing superfluous. In the end, Britt was so used to his dark hair that he dyed even after the shooting.
- Cameron Britton was forced to gain another 15 kg for the role of Richard. It took him 2 months to cope with the task.
- It is known that the plot of season 3 is also based on real events. Most likely, we will talk about another demoman who was able to take many human lives with him.
- Project management invited James McAvoy to shoot in season 3, but the actor refused. They had to replace McAvoy with a less popular actor.
Manhunt Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||early 2021|
|3x02||Series 2||early 2021|
|3x03||Series 3||early 2021|
|3x04||Series 4||early 2021|
|3x05||Series 5||early 2021|
|3x06||Series 6||early 2021|
|3x07||Series 7||early 2021|
|3x08||Series 8||early 2021|
|3x09||Series 9||early 2021|
|3x10||Series 10||early 2021|