Someone who hides his identity throws to the completely different people the parcels that explode after the discovery. The police for more than 15 years can not catch the attacker, but suddenly a young employee appears ready to take this case.
When will the series “Manhunt: Unabomber Season 2” be released?
The sequel to the serial killer will not follow, as the series was closed after the first season. Such an official message dazzled on some information portals. However, on February 3, 2020, viewers saw the first episode of the new season.
Initially, the picture was created as a mini-series of eight episodes. The colossal ratings of the first season of the series “Manhunt: Unabomber” did not allow management to close the project.
Over the years, Theodor Kachinsky perfected the art of survival in extreme conditions. He came up with a peculiar approach to many political issues, which affected his future destiny. The man was extremely negative about the social order that emerged in America in the 90s. Thanks to his skills, he was able to learn to collect a bomb from improvised means.
Hand-held explosives, which were transferred to the victims as a parcel, Theodore eliminated people from aviation companies and universities. In a short time he received the nickname “Unabomber”. The police tried to find him for more than 15 years, but could not get close to the criminal.
Years later, a young and promising FBI agent, Jim Fitzgerald, begins his official duties. Having received the assignment to catch the murderer, who is in charge of the explosive premises, he begins his search. The guy has a unique vision of the situation and conducts an investigation in a new way.
Over time, he manages to discern in the actions of Unabomber a kind of logic and even admire its uniqueness. For two years, Fitzgerald came closer to Kaczynski and was finally able to uncover a case that has been haunting the government for two decades.
Actors and their roles
- Jim Fitzgerald is a young, calm, balanced FBI agent with extraordinary thinking, this quality helped him to understand the cause of Theodore’s crimes and get off on his trail – Sam Worthington
- Theodor Kachinsky “Unabomber” is a secretive man, knows how to make bombs from improvised tools and tools, organized mailing of explosives, which people disliked to Theodore, was obsessed with his ideas, for which he paid – Paul Bettany
- Don Akerman is one of Fitzgerald’s colleagues, taking an active part in capturing the criminal – Chris Noth.
- After August 1, 2017 the channel Discovery Channel launched the series on the air, spectators are wondering about the continuation. Officially, the picture was closed after the first season, has a logical conclusion, and the creators planned to release only 8 episodes, which were provided to the audience.
- The series is based on real events that occurred in the US in the late 90’s.
- Video hosting Netflix, learning about the reluctance of the management to withdraw the continuation of the picture, was fueled by the idea to redeem the rights and continue shooting the second season. But, conferring among themselves, they decided that it would be a losing venture, since Unabomber’s adventures with excellent accuracy and logical completion were shown in the first season.
- Greig Yaytons, who is considered one of the most highly paid workers in the film industry, became the director of the film. He was involved in the series “House, M.D.”, “Lost”, “Banshee”, “Escape” and other equally well-known works.
Manhunt: Unabomber Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||February 3, 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||February 10, 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||February 17, 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||February 24, 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||March 2, 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||March 9, 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||March 16, 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||March 23, 2020|
|2x09||Series 9||March 30, 2020|
|2x10||Series 10||April 6, 2020|