It has been 7 years since the events of season 1 of the anime “Megalobox”. Joe’s sports life was very fast and vibrant. A strong and principled rival has been defeated. What should the champion of the Megalonia tournament now wait for, where to strive, what to dream about? Or will the guy have to return to his former place and continue his miserable existence?..
The genre — sports.
Season 1 premiered on April 6, 2018.
Season 2 (Megalobox 2: Nomad) premiered on April 4, 2021.
“Megalobox ss 3”: release date, announcement
The fact that the director is preparing for the release of season 2 of the anime “Megalobox” became known only in November 2019 — 1.5 years after the end of season 1. Analysts believe that this will happen again with season 3 — information about new episodes is unlikely to appear in 2021. However, fans are sure that there will certainly be a continuation, because the end in the life of Joe-Nomad has not yet been set. Despite the lack of official data, it is believed that Season 3 will be released in early 2023. We are waiting for news, and we will update the information very soon.
Megalobox is a combination of sports and new technologies. Megalobox is gaining popularity at a breakneck pace. Boxing now looks different: it has become more spectacular, which is why money from the audience literally flows in a stream. “Megalonia” is a created megalobox tournament where the best of the best meet. Only four fighters who have proven their superiority and strength over the other participants in the tournament will qualify for the final.
An unknown guy is endowed by nature with fantastic strength, he earns his living by participating in clandestine battles. At the same time, his trainer completely controls each fight: Gansaku Nanbu dictates how to act and when to be defeated. The soul and body of the guy is eager for a fair fight, but the audience needs a show that pays well for. But the fateful meeting of the protagonist with Yukiko Shirato and her devoted bodyguard Yuri changed everything. Welcome to the Megalonia tournament, Joe!
After a brilliant victory in the tournament, a lot has changed. Nomad did not need fame, he disappeared from sight for a long 7 years. But when he returns, he will understand what he wants this time. The whole main battle is still ahead!..
- Joe — originally his name is Junk Dog; does not have citizenship and is forced to earn money through exhibition fights in clandestine competitions; calm and balanced in life, but energetic and unstoppable in the ring; for the sake of achieving the goal, he is ready to do anything; over time, he becomes addicted to painkillers, which greatly affects his sports and life in general.
- Yuri — the reigning Megaloboxing champion who influenced Joe’s destiny and goals; bodyguard of Yukiko Shirato; for a long time he was considered an invincible fighter; defeated by Joe.
- Gansaku Nanbu — trainer, mentor to Joe; fully controls every fight with Joe, is responsible for the money; an avid alcoholic who eventually dies.
- Yukiko Shirato — a young and confident leader of the Megalonia tournament.
- The anime series was created to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the popular boxing manga “Ashita no Joe”. The manga, which has millions of fans around the world, was first published in January 1968, and 5 years later, its last, 20th volume was released.
- The two seasons of the adaptation were directed by Yō Moriyama, who originally worked as a designer in the anime world. Yō Moriyama worked on the design of projects such as “Attack on Titan“, “Mob Psycho 100“, “The Saga of Tanya the Evil” and others. The director admitted that after watching the anime “Ashita no Joe” in 1980-1981, second adaptation of the manga of the same name, he became an undisputed fan of the story. The news that after so many years Yō will become the main director of the new adaptation of his beloved anime was an unexpected and happy gift of fate.
Megalobox Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|