The series tells about the work of criminal psychologists, which originated in 1977. Then the FBI was just starting a study of such activities, but already made good progress. Special agents studying criminal psychology were forced day after day to interrogate the most dangerous and brutal criminals in order to understand their way of thinking.
When will the “Mindhunter Season 3” come out?
TV shows with similar themes are in great demand among viewers, so it’s no surprise that the creators release one season after another. The sequel to the crime drama “Mindhunter” theoretically has every chance of existence. However, executive producer David Fincher is busy with other projects, so Season 3 is likely to begin filming in 2022. Therefore, we should not wait for the premiere of new episodes before the end of 2022.
The work of Holden Ford, Bill Tench and Wendy Carr has never been in great demand. And who in 1979 will go to work in the new department, which so far does not show any prospects? The guys have a hard time, because in addition to revealing the true motives of the crime, they have to predict the subsequent actions of the offender.
Holden Ford worked in the department of behaviorism and eagerly watched new trends in the field of psychology, considering science as a phenomenon. Bill Tench worked in the behavioral department, but with the same enthusiasm took up the affairs related to psychology and thinking. The guys were able to prove themselves so that they began to work only with the most malicious criminals.
Wendy Carr worked as an ordinary psychologist, but being the best specialist in her field, she often came across criminals under the supervision of Holden and Tench. So the guys had to work in a close circle, while the opinion of each was a key aspect in capturing the criminal and in understanding his subsequent actions.
All the killings that were studied by special agents took place in Atlanta until 1981. Maniacs, killers, cannibals and other criminals must have been sent to prison. But it’s not always enough to put a person in jail. Some even manage to run into trouble or crack down on an objectionable neighbor within the prison cell.
The most famous “clients” of our agents were Charles Manson, who ordered people from his community to write the word “pig” addressed to her husband with the blood of a murdered pregnant woman on the door of her house; and “the Son of Sam”, known as David Berkowitz, who killed 6 people and did not repent of any crimes.
Each series is a new round of events that makes the audience empathize with the victims and FBI agents, who can not always save another person from a rapist. Agents do their best to cope with guilty feelings and to get back to business with a cold head and sound thoughts. But will it always be possible to keep calm?
Actors and their roles
- Holden Ford – FBI special agent, employee of the department of behaviorism, which studies human behavior as a mental phenomenon; has extensive knowledge in psychology – Jonathan Groff.
- Bill Tench – FBI special agent, works in the behavioral department; smart, easily guesses about the plans of the criminal, but he used to work in a team – Holt McCallany.
- Wendy Carr – one of the best psychologists of the FBI, helped Holden and Tench in the preparation of psychological portraits of criminals – Anna Torv.
- Robert Shepard – the head of the training academy graduating from the FBI – Cotter Smith.
- The series is an adaptation of the book “Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit”, which appeared on sale at the turn of 1996. It was written by FBI agent John Douglas, from whom one of the characters was charged. American writer Mark Olshaker helped Douglas to select material for publication and release the book, for which Douglas marked him in it as a co-author.
- Holden Ford and Bill Tench were just the prototypes of two famous agents whose names had to be changed. Holden’s real name is John Edward Douglas, and Tench’s name is Robert Ressler. Their names went down in history, because over the years of work at the FBI, they were able to prevent hundreds of crimes only on the knowledge of psychology and managed to work with the most dangerous maniacs.
- Robert Ressler was recognized by Sherlock Holmes of the 20th century, because he knew how to recreate the psychological portrait of a criminal only with the help of deductive techniques and photographs that were sent from the scene. Together with John Douglas, they managed to get into history and make their invaluable contribution to the development of the FBI’s behavioral department.
- The series was so popular even before the release that it was extended for the second season six months before the first season came out. The book became popular only in the last 10 years, when it was accidentally noted on a blog by a famous American journalist. Then the creators of the picture had the idea of a film adaptation, which was able to come to life a few years later.
Mindhunter Season 3: Release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|