Relationships are different, but nowadays we are no longer surprised at anything. The TV show “Modern Love” tells about people in whose lives love has settled. It can be playful, quivering, unrequited, cruel, incredible and everyone meets it in different ways. Someone is lucky at a time when others only dream of falling in love for years. But each of them has its own story…
“Modern Love ss 3”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the romantic comedy “Modern Love” has not been officially announced. However, it is worthwhile to strain, because if season 1 showed good ratings, then the second one was no longer so bright and interesting for the viewer.
If the producers talk about Season 3, then earlier than a year after the release of Season 2, we won’t see the third one. We are focusing on the beginning of autumn 2022 – this is the likely period for the premiere.
There are no two people in the world, soul and body alike. Therefore, the fate of everyone is radically different. For example, Maggie madly dreams of meeting a good man. After leaving her parents for a huge New York, she settled in a cozy apartment. But bad luck – the concierge Guzmin constantly interferes in her personal affairs. And he always turns out to be right.
Another man of the girl, according to Guzmin, is afraid of responsibility. Indeed, when Maggie became pregnant, her lover did not want to take part in her life. Faced with a difficult choice, the girl decides to have an abortion. But the concierge gives her the opportunity to think about whether to find new happiness or keep what is being born inside the expectant mother.
Resigned to the attacks of her parents, the stigma of a “single mother” and other social difficulties, Maggie decides to raise the child on her own. The same concierge helps her in this, who is not a burden to sit with the child when the mother has to leave on important matters. Years later, Maggie and her daughter leave their home and move to another city.
As a grown woman, Maggie is constantly reminded of Guzmin. When she meets a man she wants to marry, she invites him to go to her old friend. And Guzmin is still in his place. Maggie wanted to hear what Guzmin would say about her chosen one, because he guessed the intentions of the other suitors in a second, barely looking. This time the concierge was pleased with Maggie’s choice.
There are many such stories. Some people are divided by age, social status, views, others suffer from their beliefs and are not always ready to make a choice in favor of love. Others are ready to give up everything in order to find true happiness and start a family. Everyone is united by one thing – the desire to build relationships, no matter how difficult it may be…
Actors and their roles
Since the TV show is an anthology, new characters appear in each episode. Let’s talk about some of them:
- Guzmin — a serious, responsible man who works as a concierge in a residential building in New York; takes care of the residents of the house, including the visiting girl Maggie; on his advice, she decides to leave the child after a short affair with an Englishman; thanks to the accumulated experience, he sees through people and helps others to understand them better — Laurentiu Possa.
- Maggie — looking for love, which led her to a new city; loves to read; others thought she was smart; Guzmin did not approve of every man who appeared at her house, he tactfully told Maggie about this in the absence of her boyfriends; gave birth to a child without being in a relationship, but soon moved and began to live with a good man who was appreciated by Guzmin — Cristin Milioti.
- Each episode is based on real stories that were published in the column of the American newspaper “The New York Times” between 2010 and 2019. For a long time, the newspaper published material about the stories of relationships from the lives of readers who sent letters about personal. But the scriptwriters immediately warn that there is also fiction in the picture.
- The attention of the audience was attracted by the participation of world actors in the project. Catwoman from the movie “The Dark Knight Rises” Anne Hathaway, star of the TV show “Game of Thrones” Kit Harington, who became a father during the filming of the 1st season of the TV series “Modern Love”. Dev Patel, John Slattery, Andrew Scott, Ed Sheeran and others also took part in the project.
- One of the directors was Emmy Rossum. After playing Fiona in numerous seasons of the TV show “Shameless“, she decided to try her hand at behind-the-scenes work. In 2017, she faced directing difficulties for the first time on the TV show “Animal Kingdom” and has preferred this profession ever since.
- The episode premiered on October 18, 2019. The TV project was broadcast on Amazon Prime Video. Each episode lasts no more than 35 minutes. There were 8 episodes in the 1st and 2nd seasons. Before the release of season 2, screenwriter John Carney reported that there is enough material, and if they have to create season 3, then a 10-episode is better.
Modern Love Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|