Steven Grant’s life was terrible and unpredictable. The people around did not notice him, colleagues from the museum where he worked as a salesman did not even consider it necessary to remember his name. Every evening he came home and chained himself to the bed, because he had a strange way of wandering around at night and waking up in different places. One day, Grant found himself in a mysterious village where an unknown ritual took place…
“Moon Knight ss 2”: release date, announcement
A sequel to the fantasy TV series “Moon Knight” has not been announced as the project was originally conceived as a mini-series revealing the identity of a new introductory character in the MARVEL Cinematic Universe.
The complex story of the many-faced Moon Knight initially meant that the picture would receive a season 2, but in 2021 Kevin Feige presented “Moon Knight” only as a mini-project.
Steven Grant had a hard time with sleepless nights. And although his mind was not working at that moment, he felt terribly tired. Trying not to lose his presence of mind, Grant went to work every day at the Museum of Egyptian History and immersed himself in new secrets of antiquities with pleasure. Periodically reprimanded by his superiors for his distraction, Steven tried to improve. But it’s all in vain.
The next evening, Grant tried not to fall asleep, but his suddenly disconnected consciousness began to work again only during the day. On the green field where he ended up, there was not a single living person nearby. He went to the nearest town, where he saw an unusual action. A man surrounded by a crowd of fanatics, with the help of his hands alone, took the lives of objectionable people.
As it later became known, this man’s name was Arthur Harrow, and he was an idolater of the Egyptian Goddess Ammit, known for its peculiar approach to the human soul. According to legend, she could see the past and the future, and also make a verdict — should the sinner live on earth or should he die immediately, without waiting for him to do something.
Terrified by what he saw, Grant draws attention to himself and Arthur asks to give the scarab, which miraculously ended up in his pocket. Without resistance, Steven tries to give it away, but at the last moment involuntarily closes his hand. Not understanding what is happening, he turns off. And wakes up in the same place, surrounded by beaten guards.
Having miraculously escaped from the killers, Steven finds himself in a museum. Arthur catches up with him again. And when Grant is in real danger, a voice in his head offers help in exchange for possession of Steven’s body. After consent, a completely new look appears. This man’s name is Marc, better known as Moon Knight, whose powers depend on the phase of the moon…
Actors and their roles
- Steven / Marc — lives alone; contains a fish with one fin; chains himself at night, hoping to stop the nightly adventures; accidentally meets the followers of the Egyptian cult and becomes their opponent, entrusting his fate into the hands of a warrior nicknamed the Moon Knight — Oscar Isaac.
- Khonshu — God; an outcast among the rest, because he holds opposing views regarding the fate of people; does not believe that they need to be destroyed until such time as they cross the line; finds his avatar Marc and uses it to fight the supporters of Ammit — F. Murray Abraham.
- Arthur Harrow — considers himself worthy to take the lives of people who have not passed the test and are intended to sow chaos on Earth; among his victims there are really kind people who did not deserve to die; considers Moon Knight a clot of chaos and tries to destroy him — Ethan Hawke.
- On June 28, 2006, the TV series “Blade” was launched, the season 2 of which was supposed to introduce Moon Knight to the world. Low ratings and lack of funding led to the closure of the picture after the season 1, and Marvel postponed the idea of showing the audience a new hero until better times.
- Marvel Studios officially began casting in May 2020. By then, lead actor Oscar Isaac had already been cast and was serving as an executive producer for the TV series, although he was busy working on the feature film “Dune“, which was released in late 2021.
- The TV show was developed by order of Disney +, which broadcasts almost all the films of the MARVEL cinematic universe. The news that “Moon Knight” has received miniseries status means that the character will later be introduced into a feature film. The same thing happened with the TV series “WandaVision“, released in 2021. Wanda has become part of the Strange multiverse.
- Ethan Hawke responsibly prepared for the role and turned to popular people with special inclinations to introduce himself into the character — they were the Russian writer Leo Tolstoy, the revolutionary Fidel Castro, the sectarian David Koresh, who was killed in the siege arranged by the FBI, and Dr. Josef Mengele, who experimented on the living people in Auschwitz.
Moon Knight Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|