Motherland: Fort Salem Season 2
In an alternate world where the US government entered into a ceasefire with witches centuries ago, a new wave of madness reigns. Protecting ordinary people from criminals, witches create their own special squads in the ranks of the American army. The series tells about the life of three girls with magical abilities who joined the ranks of the military for various reasons.
When will the series “Motherland: Fort Salem” Season 2 be released?
The sequel to the sci-fi series “Motherland: Fort Salem” is likely to appear in March 2021, as the last, first season also appeared in March 2020. A one-year break is standard for projects of this format.
Three centuries ago, US authorities hunted witches, which led to a big conflict. As a result, the witches went to a truce, agreeing to lead their own elite squad of fighters with magical abilities. Their tasks included the struggle with all the unknown. And now the time has come when this “unknown” began to attack civilians.
Just at this time, three girls joined the ranks of the soldiers, who were forced to become one team. Raelle does not have good physical skills, but is fluent in the medical part. Abigail is extremely hardy and strong, but not always able to learn more subtle sciences. As for Tally, the girl is able to curb any subject.
At first, the relationship between them did not work out, and Abigail even wanted to move to another group – she was so annoyed that Raelle was unable to withstand the battle. Raelle herself openly hated Abigail. The fact is that last year Raelle’s mother was brutally murdered, and Abigail’s mother led the detachment in which she was then. This was the reason for the conflict of their daughters.
Tally tried her best to reconcile her friends. But only a general victory in a vocal lesson could soften their hearts. Then Abigail admitted to Raelle that her mother would never have offended the members of her squad. After this, the relationship between the girls became less tense, but sometimes they came to a conflict.
Tally left her home, quarreling with her mother. Through the fault of the Witch Army of the United States, many people died in their family. But Tally decided that she wants to become one of the soldiers in order to minimize such situations. While Tally deals with family hardships, Raelle falls in love with a 2nd year student, and Abigail meets an old enemy…
Actors and their roles
- Raelle – a blond girl; at the beginning of the series in love with a girl who is not the one for whom she claims to be; hates Abigail and her habits; Abigail’s mother had previously commanded a detachment in which Raelle’s mother served, and as a result, the woman was killed, which Raelle accuses Abigail’s mother of; the girl is smart, trusting, but angrily cracking down on enemies – Taylor Hickson.
- Tully – the most conflict-free member of the Abigail-Tally-Raelle trio; proud of being in a team with them; with particular enthusiasm approaches combat training; she is ready to keep the shaky peace between Abigail and Raelle with all her might, but sometimes even she doesn’t have enough peace to endure their constant quarrels – Jessica Sutton.
- Abigail – her mother is the commander of an elite squad where Raelle’s mother served until her death; Abigail is demanding of herself and others, has many enemies, but with zeal applies to the military service to which her mother sent her; the girl is adventurous, does not tolerate excuses and always achieves her goals – Ashley Nicole Williams.
- General Sarah Alder – commands a magical army of witches, is the commander in chief, makes all decisions; Adler is embittered, raising children who later become her property and join the ranks of the soldiers of the magic army – Lyne Renée.
- The idea to shoot the series appeared in 2018, at the same time applicants for the main roles were selected. True, the candidacy of Taylor Hickson has long been in doubt. Given the young age, the directors did not want to work with her, because she could easily disrupt the shooting with her hot-tempered character. In fact, Taylor was much more accommodating than in life.
- Before the Ashley Nicole Williams, another actress was approved. But later it was decided to take a black girl to the series so that people could see that skin color does not matter for the army’s witch charter. Thus, Williams became the first black girl approved in the project.
- Series 1 had an overwhelming rating, but interest in the release of series 2 fell. This is due to the fact that the series did not meet the expectations of a larger audience. It is known that 70% of people watching the series are women. Men admit that it is difficult for them to understand the female motives of actions, which makes the picture difficult to see.
- Lyne Renée had to get fat by 12 kilograms for her role. At the casting, she was considered a good actress, but too thin to lead the army. Then Renée said she was ready to recover in a short time.
Motherland: Fort Salem Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||March 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||March 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||March 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||March 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||March 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||March 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||March 2021|