Japanese animation studio CloverWorks is working very hard. Founded in October 2018, they have created a huge number of anime series and movies. In the winter of 2022, the studio released 3 projects, each of which is ready to win the hearts of the audience: “My Dress-Up Darling”, “Tokyo 24th Ward” and “Akebi’s Sailor Uniform” . All these anime show a high interest in them from the viewer. In our article, we will talk about the series “My Dress-Up Darling”: about the plot, main characters, interesting facts and, of course, about the chances of seeing the season 2.
Genre — romantic comedy.
Season 1 premiered on January 9, 2022.
The anime’s original name is “Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru”.
“My Dress-Up Darling ss 2”: release date, announcement
After watching the first episodes of the anime “My Dress-Up Darling”, critics began to discuss them with great pleasure. Comparing this picture with other series of a similar genre, its strengths were noted: attention to detail from shadows to cosplay costumes; excellent musical accompaniment up to the rustling of leaves, etc. This anime cannot be called perfect, because any project has errors, but they are insignificant against the background of the overall success of the picture.
Despite the fact that the season 2 of the anime “My Dress-Up Darling” has not yet been officially announced, critics are sure that new episodes will be released, but most likely not in this year, but in 2023. Most likely, the fate of season 2 will become known in the near future, which we will immediately discuss in our article.
One day, as a young boy, Wakana saw Hina dolls created by his grandfather. He was a master of his craft and Wakana decided he wanted to be like him. Since the boy grew up as an orphan, grandfather and grandson were very close friends. Years passed, Wakana learned how to sew various dresses for dolls, but the creation of the head itself did not yield to the persistent guy.
Wakana was embarrassed to tell his classmates about his hobby. He was ashamed of the fact that he loved playing with dolls. But one day his secret broke out, and not to anyone, but to the brightest girl in the class. Marin was surprised that the guy handles the sewing machine easily. And he worried in vain that the girl would laugh. On the contrary, it was exactly what she needed more than anything in the world…
- Wakana Gojo — high school student; he had no friends before Marin; talks to the dolls as if they were alive, while he has no common topics with his classmates.
- Marin Kitagawa — Wakana’s classmate; a cheerful, bright and emotional girl who infects everyone around with her energy; became a true friend to Wakan; loves anime and video games and dreams of wearing costumes like her favorite characters..
- The anime is directed by Shinohara Keisuke. He also served as the main director of the anime series “A3! Season Spring & Summer”, which unfortunately did not receive good ratings. Another work of Shinohara is the adventure anime “Black Fox”, released in October 2019. This series received a response in the hearts of viewers and critics and a good portion of positive reviews. The beginning of the directorial career of Shinohara Keisuke is considered the season 2 of the anime “Ace of the Diamond” (Dia no Ace), which was released in April 2015 and received excellent ratings.
- The anime is based on the manga of the same name, written and illustrated by Shinichi Fukuda. The manga was first published in January 2018 in Young Gangan magazine by Square Enix. Volume 8 was released in October 2021.
- In various rankings and polls conducted on websites (eg Niconico) and magazines (eg Da Vinci), “My Dress-Up Darling” manga has always been in the top ten. Most often, it took 6th place, which influenced the decision to adapt it into an anime series.
My Dress-Up Darling Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|