Humanity is always on the edge of the abyss, hoping that artificial intelligence will someday obey. The heroes of the story are ordinary people who want to restore justice, get their lives back on track, and also learn how to neutralize a killer whose brain is a thousand times larger than a human…
“Next ss 2”: release date, announcement
There is no doubt about the release of the continuation of the fascinating show “Next”. It is believed that season 2 will already appear in October 2021, which will tell us about the consequences that have appeared in the life of LeBlanc after season 1.
The intellectual mind is one of the most pressing topics, so the TV series was immediately awarded the attention of connoisseurs of computer technology.
For many years Paul LeBlanc worked for a prestigious company and was its founder along with his brother Ted. But later, for unknown reasons, Ted expelled Paul from the board of directors. No matter how journalists try to find out the reason for this act, everything is in vain. Having adapted to life, Paul began teaching at the university, retaining his previous income.
At the same time, Shea Salazar, a police detective, receives a message about the death of a person close to her. Trying to figure out what happened, she goes to LeBlanc, whose number was with the murdered and to whom he was going on the day of death. After learning more about the crime, Paul assumes that an intellectual mind is involved, which are designed by employees of his former company.
But before LeBlanc can investigate with Salazar, he decides to meet with his daughter Abby. The girl does not understand the reason for such an impulse, because she never had a close connection with her father. All his life Paul behaved horribly towards her and towards her mother. A man is a terrible egoist who was not interested in anything, only research and his own person.
Together with Shea, Paul goes to his former company, puts on a real show there, trying to remove the program “Next”, which is currently being worked on by hundreds of people. As a result, the program cheats by not deleting the data. Ted is furious and demands that Paul get out, and Shea witnesses the real reason for Paul’s departure from the company.
The man begins to hallucinate. Hence the chance meeting with his daughter – there is a high risk that the disease was transmitted to her, which is very worrisome for LeBlanc. Deciding to further investigate the crime alone, Shea decides to leave. But she still does not know how many times she will have to meet with an insane old man, whose visions torment him more and more often.
At this time, things are not calm at Shea’s home. Her son increasingly communicates with the intellectual mind through Internet speakers. Instead of answering the boy’s questions, the mind asks its own questions, and later even tries to help him solve the problem with the boys who bully him. Only the way for this is chosen is not entirely legal…
Actors and their roles
- Shea – a police officer; learns about the death of the person who saved her life; tries to get on the trail of the criminal, eventually joins forces with the rich egoist Paul, who is only interested in his own benefit; a mutually beneficial union becomes the beginning for both – Fernanda Andrade.
- Paul – the founder of a computer technology company; was expelled by his brother for constant attacks of hallucinations, then began to teach at the university, not forgetting to humiliate Ted every time at the mention; he has a difficult character, he never communicated with his daughter and did not take part in her upbringing – John Slattery.
- Ted – Paul’s brother; although he took a large corporation into his own hands, he still worries about his brother’s condition, especially when he witnesses his visions – Jason Butler Harner.
- Ethan – the son of Shea; communicates with artificial intelligence, while sometimes following its advice; wants to take revenge on the boys who bully him – Evan Whitten.
- Paul LeBlanc is considered the main founder of the corporation because his brother Ted does not have the same knowledge. Hence this attitude towards the family – Paul sacrificed everything in order to create an innovative program, he alienated all people, including his own daughter. The show is partly drama, even if it is veiled.
- Fernanda Andrade has long turned down an offer to take part in a TV series. But the director saw only her in the role of Shea and asked the actress to lose weight. The Mexican is very scrupulous about her own appearance, but agreed to all the conditions.
- In real life, John Slattery is much simpler than his on-screen character. The actor has said more than once that it is difficult even to play such a bore, and he does not understand who could even connect life with such a terrible person. The actor is used to Paul, but sometimes, when reading a new script, he is still surprised at his callousness.
Next Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||October 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||October 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||October 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||October 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||October 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||October 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||October 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||October 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||October 2021|