In 2022, Disney+ announced a new branch in the history of the Star Wars media franchise, named after the Jedi Master who survived Order 66. Now Obi-Wan Kenobi lives on the planet Tatooine and tries not to impersonate until his old comrade Bail Organa does not come to ask for help. His daughter has been stolen and only Obi-Wan is able to find her…
“Obi-Wan Kenobi ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the fantastic TV series “Obi-Wan Kenobi” is not worth waiting for. Even before the premiere of Season 1, it was known that it would be a limited miniseries.
Life on Tatooine is terrible. But it’s better than dying. Obi-Wan works, spends the accumulated money on electrical appliances and constantly monitors Luke Skywalker, who is attached to the family of Owen Lars, Skywalker Sr.’s adoptive brother. Luke’s sister, Leia, is brought up in the family of a close friend of Obi-Wan – everyone knows Leia as the wayward daughter of Bail Organa, who rules on another planet.
One day, the Grand Inquisitor arrives on Tatooine with his subjects. His goal is to destroy all Jedi, as well as children who have power. There are legends about the Jedi nowadays, but no one has seen them for a long time. Considering the desire of the Jedi to help people as a weakness, the Grand Inquisitor attempts to lure the Jedi out by harming innocent people. And soon it works.
The Grand Inquisitor is on the trail of a little-known man who has power, but he manages to escape. Trying to save himself, the man goes to Obi-Wan and asks for help to avoid the pursuit of the Grand Inquisitor. Obi-Wan advises to hide more carefully and refuses. But after a while, he learns that trouble has happened in the Organa family. Unknown people kidnapped Leia, do not want a ransom and do not say where the girl is.
Having lost hope of the return of the only child, Bail comes for help to Obi-Wan, who several years ago brought this little girl to his house. The Organa family had no children of their own, and he and his wife were ready to raise the young Leia Skywalker in their home as if they were their own child. Meanwhile, her brother Luke came under the care of his uncle and spent time violating all kinds of prohibitions from the elders.
At first, Obi-Wan wanted to refuse Bail’s request, but the new details of the case forced him to take a different look at the situation. Everything is overshadowed by the Third Sister, who arrived on Tatooine along with the Grand Inquisitor. With her desire to find and kill Obi-Wan, she makes things worse for everyone. Third Sister is cruel to those around her and wants to punish anyone who hides her enemy, against whom she has personal grievances.
For so long, the Jedi in hiding will have to show up and become a target not only for the Third Sister, but also for the Imperial soldiers. The story promises to be unpredictable, and fans of the franchise will see many more familiar faces that will continue to appear in Season 2…
Actors and their roles
- Obi-Wan Kenobi — a Jedi Master with vast experience; is the teacher of the legendary Anakin Skywalker, whom he later had to kill, but Skywalker survived, and even managed to do everything so that his wife died only after childbirth, leaving him two children, for whom Obi-Wan is now responsible; worries that the villains will not let the children live in peace — Ewan McGregor.
- Leia — does not tolerate indulgence in stupid traditions; often does not obey her parents, although in difficult situations her father knows how to get along with her; friends only with a pocket robot, which the bandits tried to destroy in the 1st episode of the 1st season; does not tolerate a bad attitude towards herself; worries about the fact that she is not a daughter for her parents — Vivien Lyra Blair.
- Grand Inquisitor — a Pau’an male who considers it his duty to exterminate all who wield power; after disappointment in the teachings of the Light side, he joined Darth Sidious; dreams of someday becoming as respected as his mentor — Rupert Friend.
- On June 1, 2022, it was announced on the official Disney+ Twitter that the TV series “Obi-Wan Kenobi” has become the most watched TV project in the last 4 years.
- Ewan McGregor promises that he will return to his role in season 2, so all the fears and rumors regarding his absence from the new episodes turned out to be untrue.
- Hayden Christensen studied films, TV series and cartoons for more than six months before filming, in which there were references to Darth Vader. Thanks to this, Hayden was able to return to the role, although he only played his character at a time when he was not wearing prosthetics and armor.
- The project was directed by Deborah Chow, who worked on several episodes of the TV show “The Mandalorian“. Also among her works: “The Vampire Diaries”, “Better Call Saul”, “American Gods” and even “Fear the Walking Dead“.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|