One of the most long-awaited premieres of April 2019 is, perhaps, an anime series about the superhero of “one punch” – “One-Punch Man 2”. The return of the main fighter to our screens is a reward to the fan for patience. New opponents of Saitama from the new project management mean one thing – the viewer is waiting for incredible emotions and the brightest battles.
Genre – superhero action comedy.
The premiere of the season 1 took place on October 5, 2015.
The premiere of the season 2 – April 9, 2019.
When will the anime “One-Punch Man Season 3” be released?
The unprecedented popularity of season 1 of the anime “One-Punch Man” about the superhero Saitama, presented in the comedy genre, will not allow the series to stop at two seasons. Not only fans were sure of this, but also critics. However, season 2 changed everything, noticeably inferior in all respects to the first one. Critics called it “failed and unfinished.” Therefore, it is too early to talk about the production of season 3. Will the director be given a chance to rehabilitate himself?
The action of the anime takes place on a planet similar to Earth. It is inhabited by various monsters, constantly causing disasters and causing panic and horror to its inhabitants. To fight against such enemies, the Hero Association was created so that the best people, endowed with force, daily stood guard over the world on the planet.
Saitama is considered the strongest superhero. Since childhood, the guy tortured himself with endless workouts, because all that the youth had dreamed of was to become the most powerful person in the world. The trainings were not in vain – Saitama developed incredible abilities, but the boy didn’t have any hair at all.
For many years, the strongest guy on the planet was not equal. Superhero life quickly tired of him, and now Saitame is just boring… In addition, the guy was very upset by the fact that for his actions aimed at the destruction of monsters, no one knew about his exploits or his existence.
Acquaintance with the young cyborg Genos changed everything. Having become a worthy student of a superhero, Genos offered his teacher to join the Hero Association – and now all the fights will be official, which means that Saitama will become recognizable among people.
Throughout the series, Saitama will encounter various evil creatures. Again and again, enemies are destroyed with just one blow. But will everything go on so smoothly? What are the real difficulties will face the main character? What mission will the Hero Association place on him this time?..
Anime main characters
- Saitama – the strongest guy on his planet, capable of destroying the enemy with one blow and not only – he can destroy the entire Solar system if he uses an ultra-strong blow at full power; his abilities include: super-endurance, superpower and super-reaction; because of the endless training sessions, Saitama lost all hair on his head in early childhood; gets disappointed when he finds out that practically no one knows him, despite the fact that he is considered the most powerful and invincible hero; after acquaintance with his friend and pupil Genos, he decides to officially join the Hero Association only so that everyone will know about its existence; before joining the Association was considered a hero without a rating; in spite of his superpower, in the Hero Association he cannot get a class corresponding to his abilities.
- Genos – 19-year-old cyborg-wunderkind, Saitam’s apprentice, became his best friend; trying to become the strongest hero in order to find and take revenge on the cyborg that killed his whole family and hometown; together with Saitama joined the Hero Association – now all their battles with the villains will be official; Genos seeks to hone his skills and become as close as possible to his teacher; in the Hero Association without any problems, it falls into the class S; Genos is an extremely serious character who does not spare himself in training; has an urgent need to fight for justice.
- “One-Punch Man” originally appeared as a web comic, released since the beginning of 2009. Already in June 2012, he had about 8 million views. Two weeks after the comic’s overwhelming success, the first volume of the manga of the same name was released, which was published on the Japanese website.
- Shingo Natsume directed the season 1. But after the release of the anime, it was decided to replace some of the project management positions. So, the new director of the season 2 was Chikara Sakurai.
- In 2014, the manga “One-Punch Man” was nominated for the 7th annual Japanese Manga Taishō Prize.
- As of December 2018, more than 16 million manga have been released.
- In the US, the 1st and 2nd volumes of the manga made their debut on the New York Times bestseller list, and remained in top positions for 2 weeks.
- In 2015, “One-Punch Man” was nominated for The Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards.
One-Punch Man Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|
|3x09||Series 9||not announced|
|3x10||Series 10||not announced|