Podcasts took over America too quickly. Now every lover of crime stories could think of himself as a real detective. But is it really so? Living in a prestigious building, Oliver, Charles-Haden and Mabel are trying to sort out a recent murder. Moreover, each of them has their own secrets. What will come of this?..
“Only Murders in the Building ss 2”: release date, announcement
On September 16, 2021, Hulu officially renewed the TV show “Only Murders in the Building” for a second season. On the day of the premiere, the picture became the most watched on the streaming service, and later it was warmly received by the public. The next season will be released around September 2022. We are waiting for official statements.
Charles-Haden has lived alone for many years. And not because he wants to. He is too afraid of becoming like his father. Throughout his childhood, Charles watched his father torture his mother, and saw the same inclinations in himself. In order not to spoil the lives of women and not to live after that with remorse, he plunged into a career. In his youth, everything was very successful — then he bought an elite apartment in Manhattan.
Since then, 30 years have passed. He managed to live with a woman, but was forced to separate because of his fears. There were no good commercial offers for a long time, but there were still funds for the maintenance of housing — Charles was good at saving.
Another resident of the house was a very young girl named Mabel. Closed from everyone, she does not like to share her past. The apartment belongs to her aunt, and Mabel helps with renovations while she lives there. There is nowhere to rush, and the girl is trying to enjoy life in an elite house where Sting himself lives.
Oliver became the third hero of the story. His advanced years do not allow him to find a good job, and there are barely enough funds for subsistence. Once again turning to his son for money, he is refused. Oliver lives beyond his means, and his son finally offers to sell the apartment. Its content has long been beyond the means of his father, but Oliver hopes to get a job until the last moment and stay in his favorite place.
One day, residents try to enter their house, but the concierge explains that a murder has occurred, and the police do not give anyone permission to enter. Then the neighbors meet in a cafe, where they find out that they are all listening to the same crime podcast. Inspired by what the concierge said, a group of “detectives” decide to start their own investigation into the murder in their house, while dreaming of recording their own podcast.
At the beginning of the journey, no one knew that each of the neighbors had their own secrets behind their backs that relate to the killed. But who is the first to admit it? For example, a guy had a photo frame in his apartment. It depicts him and the girl smiling. But Mabel is in no hurry to tell new comrades about the connection with the murdered one. Why? Where is the clue? Will “detectives” become famous with their podcast? And will they remain so if they learn the whole truth about each other?..
Actors and their roles
- Mabel — armed with an endless supply of sarcasm; reluctantly talks about her past, and sometimes frankly says that he does not want to answer; meets Charles and Oliver, after which they begin recording a crime podcast; likes to dress brightly; at night she imagines how she kills a maniac who wants to attack her, and then she falls asleep — Selena Gomez.
- Charles-Haden — the former star of the hit TV show where he was a detective; everyone remembers his catchphrase, in which he said “Now the investigation will take a different path”; afraid of starting a new relationship due to childhood trauma; after the first murder in the building, he wants to get the name of the killer — Steve Martin.
- Oliver — has been out of work for a long time and is no longer able to pay for the apartment he bought decades ago; the son can do nothing to help; Oliver adores grandchildren, but rarely sees them; organizes the recording of the podcast, helping Charles pronounce the lyrics more convincingly — Martin Short.
- The film’s producer Jamie Babbit, Selena Gomez and Dan Fogelman did not expect such a success. The popular site IMDb, based on viewers’ ratings, gave the picture as much as 8.4 points! Mostly film critics have noted the great and unexpected comedic approach to crime fiction. The excellent play of all the main characters was also noted.
- The TV show premiered on August 31, 2021 on Hulu. Filming for Season 2 is scheduled for fall 2021. The scriptwriters are given 2 months to write the plot.
- All the leading actors took part in the offscreen work. For example, Selena Gomez became the producer of the project, Martin Short took part in producing one episode, and Steve Martin wrote the script for season 1.
- The project was directed by Gillian Robespierre and Don Scardino.
- After the release of season 1, Selena Gomez had a more impressive army of fans, since she had not appeared in serious TV projects, and even in such a bright role, for a long time. Her acting skills only got better over the years, and colleagues were pleasantly surprised by her talents.
Only Murders in the Building 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||september 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||september 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||september 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||september 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||september 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||september 2022|
|2x07||Series 7||september 2022|
|2x08||Series 8||september 2022|
|2x09||Series 9||september 2022|
|2x10||Series 10||september 2022|