The corpse of a man is found in the vicinity of the Alpine mountains, whose posture makes the arriving policemen think that the man was dragged to the place already dead. Since the crime took place on the Austrian-German border, both countries should investigate it. But due to strange circumstances, the Austrian detective Gedeon Winter cedes the case to his German colleague Ellie Stocker…
“Pagan Peak /Der Pass ss 3”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the exciting crime TV series “Pagan Peak / Der Pass” has not been officially announced, but the fans of the picture are not enough again — they demand new episodes. Moreover, the final episode of season 2 left several unanswered questions.
Note that the break between the release of the 1st and 2nd seasons was exactly 3 years. Therefore, if a potential season 3 comes out, then most likely not soon. Before mid-2023, we should not wait for new episodes. We just have to wait and follow the news.
After reporting the found body, Ellie Stocker, along with a team of German forensic experts, went to the mountains. After partially examining the crime scene, she was forced to meet a representative of the Austrian police. Gedeon Winter turned out to be an unpleasant, overweight man who did not even want to look at the stiff body, although it was half on the Austrian side.
Ellie found the victim’s passport — it was German. Then Gedeon with a clear conscience left the snow-covered mountain and went to the office. Ellie stayed where she was. While her conversation lasted, the corpse had already been completely dug out of the snow. A ponytail was found in his hands clenched in front of him. It became clear to them that revenge was taking place here, moreover, sophisticated.
The search for the relatives of the deceased began. The optimistic Ellie was forced to turn to Winter again, who by that time was already hoping to get rid of the terrible crime. Together they found the brother of the deceased and tried to interrogate him — very few facts became known, and the detectives began to dig further.
Soon a woman was found in the mountains — she was beaten, stripped naked and wandered around the field, where she was accidentally noticed by a passing truck. This helped to find a new clue, but did not lead to a solution. Soon things began to happen that Stocker’s optimism evaporated without a trace. Depression became her eternal companion.
After solving the case, Winter and Stocker stopped talking. This crime took too much strength and energy from Ellie. Gedeon fared much worse: unable to stop in time, he was shot in his own car. However, the beginning of the new season was very pleased with the viewer.
In season 2, Stocker and Winter once again have a common investigation. They are looking for the culprit not only in the brutal death of several girls, but also in the murder of their young colleague. Putting one of the Gössen brothers behind bars, only Ellie could guess that a colleague was killed by “the other hand.”
At the end of the season, many questions remain about the future of the main characters. Stocker and Winter have become a great team despite the rough edges they had when they started out together. But without uniting efforts, it is impossible to help the relatives of those who were killed with particular cruelty. The killer must be found, even if the best detectives have to become enemies…
Actors and their roles
- Gedeon Winter — a cynical, corrupt, yet well-known Austrian detective, able to notice small important details; does not like teamwork, but by the middle of the 1st season he gets used to the presence of a partner; experiencing an old trauma; does not communicate with his father, but maintains relations with other relatives; addicted to alcohol — Nicholas Ofczarek.
- Ellie Stocker — very responsible and meticulous in solving any case; ready to help anyone who asks for help; after the events of the season 1, she was barely able to recover; has a romantic relationship with her boss — Julia Jentsch.
- Alexander Gössen — from an early age he has been hunting, because this is the only way Alexander relaxes; Alexander has a lot of secrets that become public in Season 2; enjoys the feeling of superiority over the victim; his older brother knows about all his sins — Dominic Marcus Singer.
- The shooting process of the season 1 really took place on the Austrian-German border, in the Alps. The working conditions were very difficult, since the site was located at an altitude of 2600 meters. They had to spend a lot of time in tents nearby, sheltering from snowfall and warming themselves with hot food and drinks.
- Leading experts in their field were hired to work on the TV series. The directors and screenwriters of the project were Cyrill Boss and Philipp Stennert, for whom the “Der Pass” became their next joint creative project.
- Julia Jentsch hails from Berlin, and over the years of her career, she has starred in good films dozens of times. On account of her projects: “Hut in the Woods”, “Hannah Arendt”, “The Strange Case of Wilhelm Reich”, etc. The audience learned about Julia after the film “Sophie Scholl — The Final Days” was released in 2005. Jentsch received the title role in the film, which brought her several prestigious awards, and the film as a whole was nominated for an Oscar in the “Best Foreign Language Film” category.
Pagan Peak /Der Pass Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|