1899 year. A time for brothels and crime to flourish. French police begin to investigate a case related to the infidelity committed by the wife of an influential person. Realizing that publicity will ruin his reputation, the jealous husband decides not to go to court. Instead, the woman is subjected to constant beatings at home. A few days later, her body is found in the Seine River…
“Paris Police 1900 ss 2”: release date, announcement
As of November 2022, the start of filming for the season 2 of the political drama “Paris Police 1900” has not been officially announced. Most likely, the continuation will not be filmed despite the success of the season 1. We continue to monitor the news and will update the information as soon as something becomes known.
A detachment of patrolmen was sent to the apartment to the traitor and her husband. Among them is a young man named Antoine Jouin, whose career in the ranks of the police has just begun. He quickly figured out the whereabouts of her lover, and already during interrogation he witnessed how the traitor’s husband was offered not to sue, because the case would receive wide publicity, which he would not want.
The husband chose silence, and at home he began to beat his wife. She was 30 years younger than him and the woman was not satisfied that her husband was leaving for a long time with his “sect”, which so terribly hates Jews. One day Antoine had to visit a woman. She was beaten beyond recognition. Deciding not to interfere in family squabbles, he advised the woman to go to her mother.
A few days later, a corpse was found in the Seine River. The suitcase was found by local fishermen, and when they opened it, they were shocked – there was a corpse without limbs and a head. Just a torso. The arriving police soon find another suitcase with the remains – everything else is there, including the head. The traitor was killed, cut up and thrown into the river.
The husband becomes the first suspect. Moreover, he has a motive for the murder. The arriving policemen come under fire from a widower. As a result, a comrade of Antoine dies from being wounded in an artery. Deciding to take revenge, Jouin shoots the criminal in the head with his own pistol.
The arriving reinforcements decides to hush up the case, because there are many reasons for this. And the main one is the involvement of a man in an organization that promotes dislike of Jews. The police cannot openly interfere with its activities and tries to settle such conflicts calmly. But Antoine and his brutal new boss will go to great lengths to root out crime and discourage any lawlessness.
Political disagreements put the police at the head of the issue and a choice must be made – either they have to rebel against the Jews, or the French moralists will want to commit lynching, punishing another nation at their own discretion. Choosing support for all, the police doom themselves to a war, the winner of which can only be one side…
Actors and their roles
- Antoine Jouin – a young police officer with a strong sense of justice; blames himself for the death of the traitor, who was dismembered and thrown into the river; disrespectful of a female lawyer, but was later humiliated by her employer, which made him wonder about the reason for his behavior – Jérémie Laheurte.
- Marguerite Steinheil – prostitute, mistress of the former mayor, who died at the time of orgasm; dreams of breaking through to power by any means, but currently plays only the role of informant for the police and sometimes receives royalties for her stories; married to an artist; knows how to get important information – Evelyne Brochu.
- Joseph Fiersi – an old, experienced police officer; lives with his wife and children – Thibaut Evrard.
- The show turned out to be so colorful that it was watched in more than 140 countries around the world. In some regions, it remained unavailable due to a ban on display. Endless scenes with naked women, as well as corpses in suitcases, did not give the picture the opportunity to appear to people under 18 years old.
- “Paris Police 1900” directors Julien Despaux and Fabien Nury have previously worked together on the TV series “Guyane”. The plot centers on a young man who goes on a 10-month internship to explore the forest in search of gold. On his journey, which became unforgettable, he went with his leader.
- All screenwriters, except for Fabien Nury, worked with a film project for the first time. The show “Paris Police 1900” is their first TV project. Relying on the opinion of the majority of viewers, the picture and script turned out to be quite good, and now Alain Ayroles, Adam Elliot and Thibault Valetoux can look forward to new job offers.
Paris Police 1900 Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|