For the Shelby family, the darkest times have come, because now they are as weak as ever. Quarrels broke out between relatives and now only the memory of blood ties can save the family. Meanwhile, Thomas Shelby is trying to cope with his ailment, raise a worthy child, preserve the honor of his family and earn more money.
When will the series “Peaky Blinders Season 6” be released?
TV show creator Steven Knight has repeatedly stated that it wasn’t until season 7 that the Shelby family would end their existence, right before the outbreak of World War II. Then it became known that there would be no season 7, but most likely a separate movie would be released after season 6.
It is known that the shooting of the TV show “Peaky Blinders Season 6” was supposed to start in March 2020, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was postponed for almost a year. As a result, the production process began only in January 2021. The premiere of new episodes is scheduled for release on February 27, 2022.
In the 1920s, the name Shelby began to appear more and more on the streets of the city. People passed it by word of mouth until it became known that a large family is trying to crush all the criminal structures of Birmingham for themselves. The leader of the gang was the second oldest brother, Thomas Shelby. He was famous for his intelligence, cunning and insight.
Over the previous 5 seasons, no one has managed to defeat his spirit. But, as you know, even the lives of such people are not without losses. Having fallen in love with an aristocratic girl who tried to follow him, Thomas did everything possible to turn from a traitor into an ally. And later, Grace became his wife. Having given birth to a son, the woman soon died from an enemy bullet.
Next in line was one of the Shelby brothers, who managed to cross the road of the French mafia. This crippled the internal spirit of the family, and Thomas realized that he was experiencing health problems. In particular, his vision prevented him from doing business calmly – as a result, he had to wear glasses.
Each season is a new enemy who is trying to cash in on the state of the Shelby family. It seemed that the aunt of the Shelby brothers, Polly, had gone over to the side of the enemy, but only in the end it was the enemies who did not like such games. Polly specifically made the bandits understand that she was betraying her family, but in fact the whole operation was carried out under the strict control of Thomas.
In season 6, the surviving brothers and Polly’s son, whom she found recently, will continue to build their own empire. There are only two seasons ahead in which the Shelby family will tell us their story.
Actors and their roles
- Thomas Shelby – the second oldest brother, smart, cold, most often does not fall in love with his women, but able to generously give them; became even more gloomy after the death of his wife, who sometimes dreams of him; Thomas is raising his son – Cillian Murphy.
- Arthur – Thomas’s older brother; a lover of fists; currently married to a Catholic who forbids him to rob, kill, steal and in every way violate God’s laws – Paul Anderson.
- Polly – the crazy aunt of the guys; the brave helper of Thomas; maintains a budget, enjoys the same rights as take, unlike their wives; participates in most adventures and boldly finds new adventures herself; Polly is fearless, but very afraid for her son – Helen McCrory.
- Michael – the son of Polly; in his childhood he was separated from his mother, but Thomas was able to track him down in one of the villages; in the end, the guy got into the idea of a joint business with the Shelby brothers; Michael is a good guy, but cowardly, does not always say what he wants; indulges in cocaine – Finn Cole.
- John – the youngest of the Shelby brothers; insane in his adventures, so his life ended so quickly; after him there was a gypsy wife, whom he married forcibly – Joe Cole.
- Ada – the sister of the Shelby brothers; masterful girl; for a long time she met their adversary behind Tommy’s back, while Polly knew about it and did not inform anyone; in the end, Ada gave birth to a child from him, and he soon died, leaving Ada to raise the baby herself; she does not steal, does not rob, does not kill and does not adhere to family policy, but does not prevent them from engaging in their activities – Sophie Rundle.
- Cillian Murphy has previously starred in popular TV shows. But the glory that came to him after the “Peaky Blinders” has become incomparable. True, the actor is very disappointed that most fans call him Thomas Shelby, because he wanted to appreciate his acting, and not the image that he created on the screen.
- Helen McCrory can leave the project in season 6 – this was accidentally mentioned by screenwriter Stephen Russell. There are several versions of the development of events of the 6th season, and if it is decided to choose one of them, then Polly will be in danger.
- It is noteworthy that the characters Michael and John are brothers, because in life the guys are real brothers. Finn was shaved bald – so the similarity between them was not striking. The remaining characters are not in real relationship with each other.
- Earlier, Steven Knight said that season 5 would be the last, but in the end everything turned out differently. The story needs to be told in full, and high ratings add enthusiasm to the participants in the “Peaky Blinders” project. Cillian Murphy adores her role and is very sad when she talks about closing the picture.
Peaky Blinders Season 6: Release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||February 27, 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||March 6, 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||March 13, 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||March 20, 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||March 27, 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||April 3, 2022|