The Mexican settlement in America is now in danger. Local authorities want to build a toll highway that will go right through the homes of residents of this place. Santiago Vega is a Mexican who lives in a settlement, and he is also a detective working for the American police and is obliged to speak out against his people.
“Penny Dreadful: City of Angels ss 2”: release date, announcement
It’s no secret that the producers of the fantastic show “Penny Dreadful: City of Angels” had high hopes for the project, but the ratings for Season 1 were not impressive. The creators of the picture did not think long and closed the TV series. Therefore, fans should not wait for new episodes.
When Tiago was small, his father died in a field where Mexicans grew food. Everything happened right in front of the boy, and he clearly remembers these events even after 20 years. His mother, Maria Vega, is convinced that Santa Muerte helped her child survive. She is a powerful goddess, able to fulfill the desires of those who believe in her.
Santa Muerte is the patroness of the dead. People often perform rituals of sacrifice for the goddess, but more often they present uninvited objects. There is even a certain day on which Santa Muerte is worshiped, making monuments in the form of a woman without skin, with bones all over her body.
Tiago refers to this as the ravings of an old woman, and does not take seriously the words about the goddess. But when the first thing he does is ritual murder, he has to turn to his mother for help and find out who could kill several people at once, cutting out their hearts and painting their faces in the spirit of the goddess of death.
Realizing that Tiago will never believe in a goddess, Maria calls her when she is alone and asks Mexicans to give a chance for a normal life. Santa Muerte at first does not want to listen, because her sister, Magda, is trying to set people up against each other. But in the end, Maria insists on her and the goddess makes her son Tiago a messenger, able to stop the war.
Maria did not know what the fee would be for such a request. In the confrontation between the police and the Mexicans, Tiago had to kill his older brother, who had shot several people before. It was not clear why the elder brother began to kill, and only after a while it became known – Magda had broken his will. Managing people, she set them against each other. The peoples fought, deaths were innumerable.
But Tiago again did not believe in Santa Muerta. Then Maria had to take extreme measures… The unexpected finale of the season 1 immediately made the audience understand what the next season would be. But what will be the starting point for future events?
Actors and their roles
- Santa Muerte – goddess, patroness of the dead; takes them to the afterlife; kind to people; not able to stop her waking sister alone; trying to take a man into his allies to stop the riots committed by Magda – Lorenza Izzo.
- Magda – sister of Santa Muerte; constantly hungry for blood; ready to burn fields for the sake of new murdered; takes the form of a person to be able to influence people – Natalie Dormer.
- Tiago – Native Mexican; he wanted a better life for himself and his family, so he got a job in the American police; he had to go against his own family to help the police stop the arbitrariness that the Mexicans committed – Daniel Zovatto.
- Maria Vega – mother of Tiago; believes in Santa Muerte and can even call her with prayers; Maria loves her children very much and is very upset that they do not share her faith – Adriana Barraza.
- Among the directors is Roxann Dawson. She is known for her participation in the development of projects: “House of Cards“, “Lost”, “The Morning Show“. With it, world-class stars try to participate in the same project. The reason for this is that with Dawson it turns out to shoot an excellent shot that few can do.
- The world premiere of the TV show took place on April 23, 2020.
- In Mexican culture, the symbol of Santa Muerte is of great importance. Her sister’s name is Magda and they do not get along with each other. Santa Muerte is a cult based on religious worship. Every year, both children and adults enjoy this holiday. It is customary to remember their deceased relatives and enjoy their departure to another world.
- Daniel Zovatto is Mexican-born and celebrates Santa Muerta Day with his relatives. Few nations are so responsible in celebrating this day, and some do not have such events at all.
Penny Dreadful: City of Angels Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|