Everyone wants to live well. And if some are fighting for a place in a prestigious grape company, then others are trying to do everything in order to be able to feed their families every day. TV show “Promised Land” tells about different segments of the population, forced to take risks in order to achieve goals and maintain their own reputation…
“Promised Land ss 2”: release date, announcement
In May 2022, it officially became known that the “Promised Land” project was closed after the release of the 1st season. Continuation of the TV series is not worth the wait.
Joe is not young for a long time, and the children dream of sending their father to rest as soon as possible. Many believe that the new generation is able to competently approach the expansion of the Sandoval family business. Veronica, his daughter, has been waiting for the last five years for her father to allow her to manage the production of wine, and she is increasingly insistent on her candidacy.
At first, Joe was not in the mood to hand over control to Veronica. There were still too many problems on the vineyards, many working Mexicans were undocumented, and this threatened with a real prison term. But after consulting with his wife, the head of the family decided to really retire.
Delighted, Veronica hurries home by car to tell her lover about the wonderful news — she has finally become the head of the company! While distracted by her phone, she accidentally hits a man. It turns out to be one of the Sandoval plantation workers — the guy helped the fugitive Mexicans get documents for living in America.
He was carrying a visa made for the maid of Joe. The police quickly figured out that the documents were fake, but finding the killer proved an impossible task for them. While searching the Sandoval home, the cops offer Joe to voluntarily turn in people from the plantation who are working without papers. The man is faced with a difficult choice.
At this time, Juana and an unfamiliar guy are trying to illegally leave Mexico for the States, going to the plantation where this guy’s relative works. They don’t know what Veronica has done yet, and hope they can get the paperwork by starting a new life here…
Actors and their roles
- Joe Sandoval — gave all children the same rights to his business, but not everyone wanted to devote time to winemaking; he was not sure of Veronica’s abilities, but on the advice of his wife he decided to trust his daughter and transfer his business to her; his own generosity can lead him to poverty, but Joe is not afraid of ruin as he is afraid of hatred from one of his sons — John Ortiz.
- Veronica — Joe’s eldest daughter; a selfless woman capable of great deeds; for many years she proved to her father that she was able to cope with great responsibility; accidentally hit a man, managed to call an ambulance while he was alive, but out of fear of being accused, Veronica left the scene, wondering “can a good person do this?” — Christina Ochoa.
- Carmen — Joe’s youngest daughter; more interested in weaving intrigues than in inheritance; lives for her pleasure and devotes little of herself to the family business, preferring to sunbathe by the pool — Mariel Molino.
- Juana — trying to escape from her native country, since it becomes impossible to stay in it, she moved with her sister and a small group of people; in the end, she was forced to leave with a guy whose relative could provide them with the necessary documents for living in the United States — Katya Martín.
- Rosa — Juana’s sister; making her way across the border, she was shot by ill-wishers; she had to visit a local hospital before she could leave Mexico; in parting, she promised her sister that she would come as soon as she recovered — Arianna Ghierro.
- Most of the actors in the TV show “Promised Land” are of Mexican origin. Some of them have never starred in American TV series, and some of the plantation workers do not know English at all. Casting began in 2021 in Mexico, so many of the actors first appeared in the English-language project. The performers of the main roles have been living in the USA for the last years.
- The TV series has been broadcast since January 24, 2022 on ABC. The film was produced by ABC Signature and ABC-TV. The release of the film was delayed twice: first it was planned to release the pilot episode in July 2021, then in September.
- Adam Kolbrenner, CEO of ABC, has been appointed to produce the TV show. Since 2008, he has been involved in the creation of dozens of films, the best of which are “Prisoners”, “The Christmas Chronicles”, “Free Guy”, and “Tomorrow War” starring Chris Pratt.
- John Ortiz is Puerto Rican by birth but was born in Brooklyn because his mother and father moved there before he was born.
Promised Land Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|