Ben dreamed of time jumping for many years, but he only had to work with programs and rely on the knowledge that remained from the former traveler Sam Beckett. One day, Ben decides to initiate the jump, while it remains a mystery to his entire team why he did it alone and for what purpose? His beloved Addison does not understand the reasons for the actions of the guy, but in every possible way tries to help him…
“Quantum Leap ss 2”: release date, announcement
A sequel to the adventure TV show “Quantum Leap” has not yet been announced. The rating of the 1st season did not even reach the mark of 5 points out of 10. And now the showrunners face a serious task: give the project the opportunity to rehabilitate itself in the 2nd season or completely close the project?
In the 90s, the famous time traveler Dr. Sam Beckett goes on another adventure, after which no one has seen him again. Many speculate about who he became and whether he could survive at all. Sam spent too much time in different times, and now few people know who he really was. But Dr. Ben Song believes that Beckett has every chance to stay alive…
Decades passed before anyone could get as close to the secrets of travel. The main feature was that getting into any other year, the appearance changes — a person becomes one of those who lived at that time. Ben Song, along with Addison and his comrades, decided to organize another time jump, and Addison was supposed to be the test subject.
But shortly before the jump, the team learns that Ben jumped instead of his lover. Moreover, he has completely lost his memory and does not understand what is happening. Before leaving his friends, Ben changed important values in the program and did not bother to tell anyone about it. Trying to help the guy return, Addison takes the form of a hologram and comes to him.
The girl cannot tell more than it is necessary, therefore she is limited to general phrases from the category “you are doing everything for the common good.” In this time frame, Ben must infiltrate the bank robbers and defuse a bomb that could take dozens of lives. With the help of Addison, Ben gets the job done, but instead of returning to his own time, he disappears…
Actors and their roles
- Ben — a successful scientist who is interested in where his predecessor Sam Beckett disappeared; hopes to change the future through cunning manipulation, but by jumping into the unknown, his memory is lost, a side effect of being moved; without even remembering who Addison is, he still falls in love with her every time — Raymond Lee.
- Addison — a charming girl who has many honorary titles for her service in the US Army; was preparing for a jump that could make it possible to correct the mistakes of the past, but instead became just a portable hologram for Ben, who jumped without warning — Caitlin Bassett.
- Herbert Williams — also known as “Magic”; manages the project that Ben created; forced to report to the Pentagon on their results; tries to restrain the government to the last, as the project may be closed and Ben will never be found again — Ernie Hudson.
- Ian — Ben’s friend and part-time programmer with extensive experience; tries to crack the new passwords that Ben changed before he disappeared; quick-tempered, easily succumbs to tears, panic, unable to control himself; the absence of a friend makes Ian depressed — Mason Alexander Park.
- Jenn — manages the security department, but asks Herbert resign after Ben is lost; considers herself guilty of overlooking the moment while the guy was changing passwords on the devices; is denied a dismissal and forced to further deal with the disappearance of a self-proclaimed traveler; Jenn believes that it is her duty to successfully complete the time travel missions — Nanrisa Lee.
- In 1989, the TV show “Quantum Leap” was released, on the script of which the latest version is based. It describes Sam Beckett’s many travels and details his life story. A total of 5 seasons have been released. In the last episode, released on May 5, 1993, Beckett made the jump again, and his colleagues could not wait for his return.
- During the development of the “Quantum Leap” project, there was talk of Scott Bakula, who starred in the original TV series. But in the season 1, the actor did not appear. Bakula himself claims that the original project is “too dear to his heart” to accept an invitation to shoot in its sequel.
- Raymond Lee and Nanrisa Lee are not related to each other. They are united only by a surname.
- In parallel with the filming of the season 1 of the TV show “Quantum Leap”, Mason Alexander Park was filming in the TV project “The Sandman“, which, as a result, was released a month before “Leap”.
Quantum Leap Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|