TV series “Queer As Folk” tells about the fate of several people with non-traditional sexual orientation. They were just good comrades until the moment when a negative-minded man started shooting at the club. After the death of many people, the relationship of friends becomes tense, but they have to endure the loss of loved ones together…
“Queer As Folk ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the drama “Queer As Folk” has already been ordered for Peacock, where the season 1 was previously broadcast. The filming process is officially approved for August-October 2022. At the presentation of the pilot episode, director Stephen Dunn expressed his desire to show each new season in the summer, which means that the continuation of the drama should be expected approximately in mid-2023.
Some time ago, Brodie decided to urgently leave his native New Jersey and go to Arizona for medical education. The decision was spontaneous, which caused a storm of misunderstanding on the part of Noah, his lover, who had recently proposed to him. At that moment, Noah lost his mother, and then Brodie threw him such a surprise.
Brodie first returns to his parents’ house. Here, no one shares his life principles, so he goes to a married couple Ruthie and Shar. The girls have been living together for a long time and now Shar is waiting for the birth of children, whose biological father is Brodie, who does not claim paternity. Ruthie is glad to have a friend, but Shar is not ready to let him into her house, as he is constantly followed by trouble.
Then Brodie makes another attempt to find lodging for the night. He goes to Noah, who, a minute before the arrival of the former lover, was spending time with his current boyfriend and part-time best friend of Brodie. Noah does not want to be frank with the one who left him in the most difficult period of his life and left. But they decide to go to a party at the “Babylon” club together.
Here Brodie meets a young schoolboy Mingus, who came to participate in the show and become part of it. The ensuing relationship is overshadowed by the arrival of a man with a gun who fires at everyone present. Seeing that Mingus is in danger, Brodie covers him and the bullet hits him in the shoulder. During this time, Noah learns that his current partner has been shot.
Once in the hospital, Noah looks for Brodie and they rekindle their relationship. Having partially lost his memory, Brodie sends Mingus home. He learns that Shar giving birth was brought here and goes to their ward. Seeing the children born, Brodie realizes that he will never be able to refuse them. Everything is more complicated than it seems…
Actors and their roles
- Brodie — a lover of thrills; loves to dramatize; tends to hide feelings if they are negative; after a long relationship with Noah, he suddenly went to get an education, which caused many questions among his acquaintances; loves mother, on bad terms with brother and father; takes a bullet as a result of the shooting, thereby saving Mingus from death — Devin Way.
- Mingus — a 16-year-old teenager who dreams of performing on stage in a popular show; meets Brodie and has an affair right before going on stage; after the attack follows Brodie to the hospital, but he, having regained consciousness, cannot remember him and asks to leave — Fin Argus.
- Ruthie — a lesbian; Mingus’ teacher and Brodie’s best friend; expecting the birth of twins from a partner; was in a bar, but did not come under fire; came to the hospital with the victims, and here she found out that Shar was already giving birth — Jesse James Keitel.
- Judy — mother of Mingus; supports any undertakings of the son, even if hobbies do not suit his age; not knowing about the fate of the child after the incident in the “Babylon”, she reproaches herself for letting the minor Mingus go to an adult event — Juliette Lewis.
- In 2016, there was a mass shooting of sexual minorities in Ohio, which is still considered the bloodiest event of those years. More than 50 people died that night at the hands of an Afghan Protestant known for his anti-gay intolerance. This case was taken as the basis of a TV show and is dedicated to the victims who died as a result of terrorist acts.
- Since the TV series contains many scenes of a sexual nature, it has an age limit of 18+. This approach made it possible to reveal the characters more powerfully and give the viewer an understanding of why some of them cannot be considered monogamous.
- Actress Jesse James Keitel does not consider herself a female and prefers to use the pronouns he/she. This status is considered non-binary and allows Jesse James to play both male and female roles. At official events, Keitel appears equally often in both men’s and women’s outfits.
Queer As Folk Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|