Not so long ago, Nicole’s lover and Dion’s father passed away. Both still have not coped with the loss, but life is such that they have to build relationships with others. And while Nicole rejects the next suitors, Dion realizes that he has superhuman abilities. Only mom does not immediately understand the phrase “I am a magician” as literally as it should…
“Raising Dion ss 3”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the fantastic story “Raising Dion” has not been officially announced. Despite this, there is every chance to see the season 3. According to film critics, if the premiere of new episodes takes place, it will happen in early 2023.
The TV series “Raising Dion” is based on a 2015 comic, followed by a short film directed by Dennis Liu. Some sources suggest that season 2 may be the final chapter in the story of a boy with powers — this will be known soon.
While his mother was about to take Dion to a new school, the boy was immersed in reading his favorite comics. For some reason, the accidentally scattered cereal from the plate did not fall to the floor, but hung in the air. Surprised, Dion tries to tell his mother that he has a gift. Nicole takes her son’s words as a joke, because she recently bought a magician’s set for the child.
At school, no one pays attention to the new kid. Dion himself makes desperate attempts to befriend a cool classmate, but he is too busy with his snowboard and does not pay attention to Dion. There is only one thing left — to surprise his idol. This is what Dion does by accidentally using superpowers. And in the evening, the mother becomes a witness to real magic.
Nicole asks her son to stop doing such tricks. But since he does not control them, the woman takes the day off and takes the child to the house by the lake, where they lived with his father. Too much here reminds of Mark, but the place is secluded, which means Dion will be able to practice in controlling his abilities. Here they learn that the boy’s possibilities are endless.
But the story about the daily life of the main characters is not enough. To understand the origin of the boy’s powers, one must delve into the past. When Mark was alive, he often had to leave for work. His direction was the study of lightning and their properties. For a long time, the viewer is kept in suspense, not telling what happened to his father.
Nicole tells her son that Mark jumped into the river after the drowning woman. She managed to escape, but Mark could not swim out. But was it really so? After all, the godfather of Dion, who once came to visit, insistently suggested that Nicole tell her son that Mark had disappeared while studying lightning. Until the truth is told, Dion explores his options.
But the boy still has problems with his friends. Other than Esperanza, who no one wants to talk to, Dion has no one else to talk to. Will he be able to combine friendship and at the same time manage to hide his abilities?..
Actors and their roles
- Dion — a smart boy, whom his mother sent to school a year earlier; all the guys are older and do not want to communicate with him; is able to stop objects, attract them to itself, while the mass does not matter, whether it is a pen or a centuries-old tree on the river bank — Ja’Siah Young.
- Esperanza — a little girl with pink glasses; does not see anything critical in the lack of communication, considering her position to be the most advantageous from the point of view of the observer; at recess Esperanza has dinner with Dion, is his good friend — Sammi Haney.
- Nicole — a single mother who has lost herself; likes to joke with African-American friends about white people; does not want to meet with any of the men; cherishes the memories of Mark — Alisha Wainwright.
- Mark — the father of Dion; often disappeared and, just in case, left for his beloved a video in which he allegedly talked to her — Michael B. Jordan.
- Pat — Mark’s best friend; godfather of Dion; constantly pampers the boy, even if Nicole forbids; creates comics and brings them to the godson; worked as an extra in Mark’s team, but at the last test he was not next to his friend — Jason Ritter.
- In real life, little Sammi Haney also uses a wheelchair, as the girl has a disease called “brittle bone disease”. Parents did not advertise their daughter’s illness, but they were able to help her realize her dream of becoming an actress. For the girl, the role of Esperanza has become a debut, and she is not going to stop accepting cooperation offers from leading advertising brands.
- The TV series is popular among the young population aged 6 to 12: 20% of viewers are aged 12-17 and only 9% of the audience is 18 and older.
Raising Dion Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||February 2023|
|3x02||Series 2||February 2023|
|3x03||Series 3||February 2023|
|3x04||Series 4||February 2023|
|3x05||Series 5||February 2023|
|3x06||Series 6||February 2023|
|3x07||Series 7||February 2023|
|3x08||Series 8||February 2023|