Margrave, Georgia. Retired military police officer Jack Reacher travels the world trying to avoid unpleasant incidents to which he has been prone all his life. He comes to Margrave from afar to find out the details of the last days of his favorite singer’s life. But in the very first cafe he is arrested on suspicion of murder…
“Reacher ss 2”: release date, announcement
Fans of the TV series “Reacher” should not worry about its continuation, as this is already a settled issue. The premiere of new episodes of the crime film is scheduled for release in early 2023. The exact release date is still unknown.
Before even trying the peach pie, Reacher finds himself at gunpoint with police weapons. He is taken to the station, and there Oscar Finlay, a Brooklyn employee, begins to conduct an interrogation with special predilection. Realizing that he will not get anything interesting from Jack, Finlay decides to use his skills in a recent murder.
The body of a man was found within the city limits. The deceased was shot with a small-caliber weapon, all the cartridge cases were collected from the scene, and then the body was beaten so that it was impossible to take prints or identify it. Hastily throwing cardboard at him, the killer fled. After learning this information from Finlay, Reacher suggested that there must be three perpetrators.
The first lead leads the police to the home of a local financier. He immediately admits to his deed, but in the details he constantly gets confused or even says something that was not there. Finlay realizes that he is trying to trick him. But to get the next clue, he gives the financier what he wants – Finlay puts him in jail, and Reacher along with him, who is instructed to extract any information. For several days they go to jail, where they contain dangerous prisoners.
Having managed to repel the attack of local bandits, the financier gradually begins to trust Reacher. He says that the leaders of his company were forced to engage in illegal activities. And in case of non-performance of work, they threatened to kill him in front of his own family. Fearing for his life, the financier, who learned about the crime, decided that it was better to die in prison than at their hands.
After being released from detention, Jack does not share his information with the police. But he is approached by local bandits who know the details of Reacher’s personal life and threaten to eliminate him at the first opportunity. And although the protagonist has no special reasons to stay in Margrave, he decides to go along with Finlay and help the police find the criminals.
The close friendship with Roscoe Conklin also plays a role, because Jack has special feelings for her. The girl was imbued with respect for the visitor, but the work prevents her from building a relationship with him. What awaits a retired military man in a town with a population of 1,700 people? Will he be able to find the bandits?
Actors and their roles
- Jack Reacher — an oversized man with a rich past; has many medals for services to the country; his parents died, his brother survived, but Jack does not know about his whereabouts; has a heightened sense of justice, which often confronts him with life’s difficulties — Alan Ritchson.
- Oscar Finlay — worked for the Brooklyn police for over 20 years, but recently moved to Margrave; possesses extensive knowledge of Reacher’s past; tries to quit smoking, but the smell of cigarettes on his jacket is still present; wears a ring, not wanting to forget his ex-wife — Malcolm Goodwin.
- Roscoe Conklin — serves in the police station; collects information; leaves for calls; immediately drew attention to Jack and was convinced of his innocence; helped him settle in the new city and even invited him on a date, but new deaths thwarted their plans, and the girl had to go to the scene — Willa Fitzgerald.
- KJ — is on the dark side of the law; threatens Reacher with exposure if he gets into other people’s business — Chris Webster.
- Season 1 premiered on February 4, 2022. The film is produced by Amazon Prime Video. The producer is Nick Santora, who has produced the popular TV series “The Fugitive”, “Prison Break: The Final Break”, “Most Dangerous Game“, “Lie to Me”, “The Fugitive”, and soon two new projects will be released: “Utap and “The Throwback”.
- The TV show is based on a book with dozens of parts. There is plenty of material for future seasons – more than 20 books have already been written, and the season 1 was shot only on the basis of one of them. This is “Killing Floor” by Lee Child.
- Movies have already been made based on the books, where the role of Reacher was played by Tom Cruise. Many critics who decide to write reviews of a fresh TV series unwittingly compare Alan Ritchson with his predecessor. Thanks to the charisma of Alan, the re-shot masterpiece is considered a quality work and worthy to start watching the next season.
Reacher Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||February 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||February 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||February 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||February 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||February 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||February 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||February 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||February 2023|