2022. 3 months before the end of the world, 14-year-old sisters Billie and Jade move with their father to New Raccoon City. Albert Wesker is one of the main figures of the influential Umbrella Corporation, and the new place of residence is designed to protect himself and his daughters from outside threats. But young girls know little about adult affairs and undermine the security of the whole city…
“Resident Evil ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the zombie apocalypse TV show “Resident Evil” has not been officially announced. Based on the modest ratings of the season 1, film critics are in no hurry to bet on the continuation of the TV series. Despite the popularity of the picture, reviews from the audience also turned out to be mostly negative. Therefore, we stock up on patience and wait for news from the creators of the project.
2036. Jade travels away from her daughter and husband, trying to understand the zombies’ behavior. Time has shown that they remain alive, but at the same time, over time, their visual functions become dull, leaving only a place for smell. Her sister died many years ago, and since then, Jade has been trying to adapt to a world where chaos rules…
2022. At the new school, Billie has a conflict with a classmate who makes fun of vegetarianism. After trying to resolve the conflict, Billie just tries not to intersect with the offender, but someone plays a cruel joke with her. Putting on a mask, an unknown person beats the girl, and everyone around is sure that Billie is to blame. The father takes the side of his daughter and protects her from attacks from the school authorities…
2036. Another attempt to understand zombie thinking ends in complete failure. The entire group is destroyed, and a colossal monster crawls out of the ground. A fight with him leads Jade to the lair of human survivors who want to hand over the girl to the Umbrella Corporation. It’s getting harder and harder to resist, because the enemies are on the way…
2022. Accidentally seeing how rabbits are being taken to the laboratory at his father’s work, Billie decides to save them. Enlisting the support of Jade, she decides to take pictures of the unfortunate animals. At night, the sisters infiltrate the lab, and Billie releases an animal that subsequently kills her in front of her sister…
2036. At the base where Jade is located, her old enemies from the Umbrella Corporation arrive, in which a mutating animal once killed her sister. They shoot everyone who is here, burn buildings and people to the ground. The head of Umbrella asks Jade to go with them, because… Billie ordered him to deliver her alive.
How did a sister who was considered dead for so many years survive? Will Jade go after the one who brought the news about Billie? What other abilities will she discover in the test subjects and will she be able to calmly continue her work?..
Actors and their roles
- Billie — after the incident with the released frogs in the biology lesson, she closed herself in and tries not to start conflicts; held back for a long time before being rude to an explosive classmate; feeling the support of her father, she became more courageous and decided to enter the Umbrella building, take photos of animal abuse and harm the company — Siena Agudong / Adeline Rudolph.
- Jade — despotic, rude, pushes Billie to desperate acts; constantly rude to her father and others, considering himself entitled to offend people; adores and idolizes her sister, considering her ideal; after many years, she leaves her husband and daughter to study zombies — Tamara Smart / Ella Balinska.
- Albert — the father of the girls; scientist; a very busy person who himself understands that he does not pay enough attention to his daughters; hides many secrets from the family, including the reason why he takes blood from his daughters twice a month — Lance Reddick.
- The TV show is based on the “Resident Evil” video game series by the Japanese company Capcom. It has been produced since 1996, and famous producers often decide to recreate the game world on the TV screen. The last successful film work was a series of films “Resident Evil” with Milla Jovovich in the title role.
- In 2019, Netflix ordered the production of 8 episodes, which were released three years later, on July 14th. At first, it was planned to spend a year on the creation of the season 1, but the coronavirus affected the timing, “freezing” the project for 8 months.
- Filming of the TV series started in the fall of 2021. The last to join the cast was Lance Reddick, who had to combine filming with voicing his character Sylens in the computer game “Horizon Forbidden West”. In 2024, the premiere of the part 4 of the film “John Wick” is expected, where Lance will play one of the roles.
- According to Samba TV analytical data, in the first 4 days of the show “Resident Evil” on Netflix, it was watched by almost 990 thousand American viewers.
Resident Evil Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|