The TV series “Responder” tells us about the difficult night shifts of police officer Chris Carson. It’s working with people who will never be your friends, he says. But what if there is no way to avoid professional deformation? The psychiatrist tries to help Chris understand himself, but his problems go much deeper, affecting those closest to him…
“Responder ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the police drama “Responder” has not been officially announced at the moment. But the actors themselves are ready to return to the project, because, according to their reviews, the TV show has assembled an incredibly talented and friendly team, where everyone hears each other and helps each other. At the same time, according to some sources, Tony Schumacher began work on the script for season 2. This was confirmed by the producer of the project Laurence J. Bowen. If the production process for the new episodes starts soon, then season 2 could premiere as early as the first half of 2023. We are waiting for official announcements.
The six-episode first season justified the hopes of the producers, and Martin Freeman once again showed the audience his exceptional acting skills!
Chris Carson has a good life: beloved wife Kate, ready to support her husband at any moment; daughter Tilly. The girl loves when dad reads books to her, even if they are uninteresting. As soon as he goes to work, the life of the protagonist changes – here Chris quickly loses control over the situation and often resorts to the help of his fists. Otherwise, it simply cannot work.
Psychotherapy doesn’t help. The specialist claims that Chris received all the necessary tools to solve his problems. But this is not enough, because work is gradually depriving him of a normal family life. Not so long ago, after another night shift, Chris came home and in a fit of aggression broke the door. Kate did not react, only invited her husband to speak.
But as much as he wanted to, he couldn’t. Chris was so deeply immersed in cheap street fights that he didn’t even know how to explain to his wife why he was angry all the time. For example, on the previous night shift, a grown man called the police because the neighbor’s dog was barking. The owner accused him of terrible things while he complained to Chris about the endless barking. The flow of their words was stopped only by rude measures.
Later, a local drug dealer Carl asked to find for him a drug addict Casey, who recently stole drugs from him. It wasn’t difficult to find her, but when Chris brought her to Carl and saw his attitude, he decided to turn the car around. Moreover, Casey claimed that she was robbed and took away everything that was. Now the threat hangs over Chris, because he crossed the path of an influential person.
Carson’s mother gradually loses her memory and suffers from pain. To make her life easier, Chris buys marijuana and takes it to his mother. Every day, new adventures fall to the lot of the policeman. Colleagues are arguing among themselves, discussing the mental state of Chris. Those who have known him for a long time are not able to accuse a man of callousness.
The TV series tells how hard it is to deal with the human soul, which has gone down the wrong path. When drug addicts, criminals, vagrants and other rabble are constantly walking around, it won’t be long before you yourself step onto a slippery path. What will Carson do, whose life is already half ruined? Can he change something?
Actors and their roles
- Chris Carson — many years of service in the police; patrolling the streets of Liverpool; worked with a local drug dealer, whom he sometimes helps; callous to human feelings, while trying to remain a good family man — Martin Freeman.
- Carl — is engaged in the distribution of drugs; one day he drank too much and was robbed by a girl named Casey; wanted to beat her, but at the last moment, Chris who brought her was able to protect the girl — Ian Hart.
- Kate — Chris’ wife; loves her husband very much and tries to help him overcome work stress; has a big secret that could destroy their marriage forever — MyAnna Buring.
- Casey — a drug addict; ridiculed the sensitivity of Chris, who once cried when his acquaintance fell off the roof; stole cocaine from Carl and wanted to sell it; lied to Chris that she was robbed, he believed and let her go to a safe place — Emily Fairn.
- Rachel — has been working in the Liverpool police for 2 months; considers Chris a danger to society and does not understand why his colleagues constantly cover for him — Adelayo Adedayo.
- Martin Freeman is best known for his role as Bilbo in “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” franchise. Interspersed with filming the 1st season of the TV series “Responder”, he starred in the MARVEL movie “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”. Recall that the actor is left-handed – in a TV show this is striking, since he performs the main actions with his left hand.
- The film was directed by Tim Mielants (“Peaky Blinders“, “Legion“, “The Terror“), Philip Barantini (“Band of Brothers”, “Ned Kelly”, “Mrs. Brown’s Boys”), as well as the little-known Fien Troch – in her filmography is still 10 pictures.
- To play his character, Martin Freeman spent 1.5 years before the filming process perfecting the scouser accent. In addition to working with a teacher, Freeman often talked aloud to himself, which helped with his studies. His performance was highly appreciated by the audience.
- The production process started in March 2021 and lasted 3 months. The main filming locations were in and around Liverpool.
Responder Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|