Jonathan and Mira are having a hard time in marriage, but no wonder. Everyone is boiling in the cauldron of their own thoughts, cultivating endless complexes and the desire to live a different life. Mira is the first to start unpleasant conversations, but what should Jonathan do? Let his wife go or try to stop her by any means possible?
“Scenes from a Marriage ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the drama TV show “Scenes from a Marriage” has not been officially announced. The TV series is based on the 1973 Ingmar Bergman film of the same name, and does not imply a sequel. We don’t have to wait for new episodes.
However, we recall that 30 years later, the film “Saraband” was released, which told the future of the main characters – perhaps it will serve as a plot for the season 2. But so far this information has not been confirmed.
The TV show begins with a conversation with a psychologist. Mira and Jonathan talk about their lives and outwardly they are almost satisfied with everything. The spouses are raising a daughter, their everyday life is fine, there is enough money. Only passion is lacking — they understand this, but cannot confess to each other. It’s easier to pretend nothing is happening. But for Mira, this is just the calm before the storm.
In the evening, the main characters meet with their friends Kate and Peter, who, at the moment of the conversation, quarrel among themselves, as if hinting that something similar may soon happen between Mira and Jonathan. Left alone, Kate and Mira kiss, but Mira is embarrassed. Having decided not to say anything to her husband, Mira closes in herself again.
Mira is more focused on a career than a showdown. Jonathan is the other way around: for him the main thing is home, daughter, wife, and only then he remembers that he also works as a teacher. This is how the responsibilities in this family are divided: Mira makes money, and Jonathan successfully copes with domestic difficulties and raising a child.
Ten years of marriage has shown that such a life is quite real. But they so want a passion that will turn their heads! A series of events, including an unplanned pregnancy, makes Mira not only think about leaving her husband, but also bring her idea to life. Collecting her thoughts, she asks Jonathan to let her go and leaves. As it seemed to both of them then, forever. But fate had its own plans.
Both soon realize that they have made a fatal mistake. Years go by, but love does not pass. None of them meets a person whom they could love more. Life circumstances constantly bring them together, but do the former spouses have a chance for reconciliation? Will they be able to reunite? And how will this story end? ..
Season 2 can tell how their fate was formed decades later – the creator of the original plot Ingmar Bergman had a clearly formulated opinion about how the fate of the main characters should look like 20 years after the divorce, which he showed in the film “Saraband”.
Actors and their roles
- Jonathan — a chatty, intelligent, well-read, kind, calm man who devotes a lot of time to his daughter and home; he appreciated the spiritual space of his wife too much and did not fit into it, but she could not open up next to him; Jonathan is a good conversationalist; he teaches at the university, he is respected by his colleagues, but he also does the wrong thing — Oscar Isaac.
- Mira — is lazy about marriage, her job is more important than talking with a psychologist about the well-being of the family; suffers from the desire to leave her husband, as a result, Mira leaves, but begins to suffer even more; realizes that she made a mistake, but can no longer fix anything — Jessica Chastain.
- Peter — Kate’s husband; began to cheat on her, but in order to preserve the marriage, he allowed his wife to also spend time outside the family; cannot listen to conversations about her lovers and does not want to discuss everything that is connected with them — Corey Stoll.
- Kate — does not understand Peter, whom she forgave the betrayal, and he does not want to listen to Kate about her experiences after she was abandoned by her lover, whom she fell in love with; sticks with kisses to her friend, but she pushes her away — Nicole Beharie.
- At the time of filming for season 1, Jessica Chastain’s daughter was only 2 years old. The girl was born in 2018 from a surrogate mother. During Jessica’s absence, the children were with their grandmother and father Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo, who has been working for the Italian brand Moncler for over 10 years.
- Lindsey Springer has become one of the TV show’s executive producers to help promote the project. She previously worked on the TV series “Jack Ryan”, “Colony”, “Locke & Key“.
- Oscar Isaac became more recognizable after the release of the movie “Dune“, which premiered in theaters on September 15, 2021. The actor played the role of Duke Leto Atreides, who tried to protect his son and wife at the cost of his own life.
- Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac already met on set in 2014 when they played a married couple in the crime thriller “A Most Violent Year”. The actors met 20 years ago, when both were in college.
- After the TV series “Scenes from a Marriage” was released, rumors of a romance between Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac circulated in the media, and the strange looks and kisses on the red carpet of the Venice Film Festival seemed to confirm this. However, the actress hastened to put everything in its place: there is no romance, there is only a long and strong friendship.
Scenes from a Marriage Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|