Mark Scout of Lumon Industries comes to work every day in a huge windowless office. He does not like bosses, but he loves to joke. Day after day, doing routine work, he thinks only about what kind of person he is outside the office. Scout doesn’t remember it because he agreed to participate in the “severance” program…
“Severance ss 2”: release date, announcement
After receiving an incredible amount of rave reviews from viewers and film critics about the season 1, the creators of the psychological thriller “Severance” immediately announced that in March 2022 they would start working on the continuation of the TV show. In connection with this official statement, we can safely assume that the premiere of new episodes will take place in February-March 2023. More accurate information will be known closer to the beginning of 2023.
Every employee who is here for the first time wakes up on the table and hears a voice from the speaker. He doesn’t remember anything, not even his own name. Later, someone comes in who explains the nuances and demands to answer a few questions. The newcomer is then led to a television, where he sees himself talking about a voluntary agreement to work for the firm.
And the volunteer agrees to a strange procedure. It involves inserting into the brain and sharing memories related to personal life and work. Leaving the office, the employee returns to the memory of his personal life, and on the territory of Lumon Industries all these events are forgotten. But again comes the realization of why the worker came here again.
Mark’s wife died a few years ago. Unable to recover, he found a way out — he agreed to the program. Now, in his free time, he wonders what he is forced to do in the company. But sitting at work and watching a lot of numbers, he thinks hard about what he does when he leaves Lumon Industries. But the main thing is that he does not mourn for his dead wife for 7 hours a day. Mark just doesn’t remember it.
The next working day was marked by the news about the dismissal of Mark’s best friend. Scout was appointed to his position. His job was to be the voice the newcomers hear from the speaker. Having failed the task with the red-haired lady, Mark decided to personally meet with her and convince her that none of those present would harm her.
The woman’s name was Helly. Even after watching the video where she talks to herself about voluntarily agreeing to participate in the program, Helly tries to leave the office. And later, agreeing to a position in the department where Mark worked, she tries to persuade everyone and run away. From this point on, difficulties begin in communicating with superiors and subordinates.
Leaving the building, Mark usually gets into the car and drives home. One day, a man sits next to him in a cafe, claiming to be Mark’s best friend. He says that he was able to bypass the “severance” procedure and invites a friend to share his knowledge. And what happened next, the audience will learn from the following episodes…
Actors and their roles
- Mark Scout — an apathetic, conflict-free man, calmly performs assigned tasks, but is weak in improvisation, which caused Helly’s mentally unstable state at the time of her awakening; decided on “severance” when his wife died, because the loss was unbearable; his boss hates Mark and he doesn’t remember that she is his housemate — Adam Scott.
- Helly — can’t come to terms with the fact that being with her memory, she agreed to the “severance” program and is now trying in every possible way to regain her memories, but the further she goes, the more problems arise; Helly is stubborn, in her desire to leave the room almost crushed Mark’s head, but she managed to pull herself together and find out why she was locked up — Britt Lower.
- Harmony Cobel — holds a senior position at Lumon Industries; tries to control himself, but is unable to do so when Mark is around; even his face irritates her, and every question he asks makes Harmony mad; in the office, Cobel says one thing, but in life it’s completely different, for example, about her mother, whom she exposes as an atheist, then a believer — Patricia Arquette.
- The first 2 episodes aired on February 18 on Apple TV+. Viewers showed interest in the TV series almost immediately. As a result, with each released episode, the audience became more and more.
- The film was directed by successful actor Ben Stiller (“Help Me Spread Goodness”, “The Hardy Men”) and Aoife McArdle (“Brave New World“, “Kissing Candice”). Deciding to go further, Ben Stiller wanted to do what he had not been able to do all his life – to create a project in which humor would be tragedy.
- Patricia Arquette recently starred in the TV show “The Act” playing the role of a crazy mother obsessed with her daughter’s health. Such a brilliant performance did not go unnoticed – she received an Emmy award in the nomination “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries, or Television Film”.
Severance Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|