Living under the onslaught of a sexologist mother, a schoolboy named Otis tries to solve his own sexual problems. But the lack of experience and the tormented question “what will others think” prevent him from fully opening up to himself. In search of truth, he embarks on dubious adventures and meets a person who will help him deal with the raging hormones…
“Sex Education ss 4”: release date, announcement
The creators of the teenage TV show “Sex Education” did not torment viewers and announced their intention to release season 4 even before the release of season 3. The expected premiere of the new episodes is September 2022. We are waiting for official announcements of the exact release date.
At the present time, it is difficult for parents to raise issues that relate to adolescence, and such TV projects cope with this clearly. This is what makes the picture so popular among young people.
Jean brings into the house not only her anxious clients, but also endless crowds of men. Otis was used to seeing his mother with fickle boyfriends, who were usually much younger than her. The dildos hung all over the apartment hadn’t caught the eye for a long time either – it was all so familiar that the guy could easily throw a vulgar joke.
The only thing he couldn’t joke about was his own sexuality. Otis knew that all schoolchildren have long known their bodies, but he himself could not. Mom understood that he had problems, but when she wanted to intervene, the child asked to leave him alone and not to raise such a topic. Wanting to wait for better times, Jean did not ask questions and patiently waited for the right opportunity.
The only friend for her son was Eric – a touching gay guy who was scared to death of his classmate Adam. When Otis and Eric were alone, Eric’s love affairs were a never-ending topic of conversation. But as soon as Adam appeared on the horizon, all conversations abruptly stopped and continuous humiliation began.
Once Adam found out that Jean is an excellent sexologist. Experiencing erection problems, he decided to ask Otis for help. After a short conversation, Otis was able to help him, and an enterprising classmate named Maeve found a lucrative way to earn money in this. It turns out that many teenagers are willing to pay any money just to understand their sexual addictions.
So other students began to approach Otis. He gave them advice, and they successfully used it in practice. The business flourished, and the guy had a chance to cope with his tasks, because falling in love with the charming Maeve revealed him from a new side. Finally, he realized what he was missing while masturbating!
How will season 4 surprise viewers? Will Otis be able to make the right choice? And what difficulties will the main characters face?..
Actors and their roles
- Otis — a shy guy who cannot talk about his troubles with either a friend or mother; for a long time he was in love with a classmate, but in season 3 he turned his attention to another girl; advises classmates about their problems and gives practical advice based on the teachings of his mother — Asa Butterfield.
- Eric — a gay guy; when left alone, he will definitely dress up like a girl; tries to impress Otis with summer achievements in love, but to no avail; runs out of lunch every day because Adam always takes everything away from him — Ncuti Gatwa.
- Maeve — a bright, self-confident girl; her tainted reputation always follows her; has a large supply of sarcasm, ideas, one of which was making money on schoolchildren; is friends with Otis; later competes with another girl for his heart — Emma Mackey.
- Jean — obsessed with her job; does not see anything reprehensible in sex; at a glance Jean realized that Adam had problems with erection, the guy was offended and did not want to have anything to do with her; wants to be closer to his son, but he remains at a distance — Gillian Anderson.
- The appearance on the TV series of actor Jason Isaacs delighted his fans. Many viewers will remember Jason for his vivid role as Lucius Malfoy from the “Harry Potter” film series. Also worth noting is the brilliant performance of Isaacs in the 2012 TV show “Awake”, where the protagonist lived in two worlds: in one world with his son after the death of his wife, in the other one with his wife after the death of their son.
- The filming process took place in different locations in the UK. An interesting fact is that Moordale Secondary School, located in England, in which the main events of the TV series unfold, does not actually exist. In this case, the filming took place mainly in Wales.
- In the first month of season 1, the show attracted 40 million viewers! This means that the episode was viewed by over 1.3 million people per day. Netflix will not remember such indicators. That is why the project was extended for several seasons in advance and the creators of the show have no plans to close it.
Sex Education Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||September 2022|
|4x02||Series 2||September 2022|
|4x03||Series 3||September 2022|
|4x04||Series 4||September 2022|
|4x05||Series 5||September 2022|
|4x06||Series 6||September 2022|
|4x07||Series 7||September 2022|
|4x08||Series 8||September 2022|