For many years, Ravka has been divided into 2 parts by a huge Shady Canyon, in which unthinkable monsters live. But people need to get over these places, which constantly ends in failure. Alina Starkov, along with the crew and her best friend Mal Oretsev, travels through the terrifying place where her parents once died. And suddenly a force awakens, which for a long time was considered non-existent…
“Shadow and Bone ss 2”: release date, announcement
The new season of the fantasy TV series “Shadow and Bone” has been officially announced. Initially, producer Shawn Levy reported a great desire to release a sequel, and after the success of the season 1, work began immediately on new episodes.
It is known that the shooting of the season 2 ended in June 2022, and its premiere was announced on March 16, 2023! All 8 episodes will be released on the same day.
The TV series is based on the novels “Six of Crows” and “Shadow and Bone” by writer Leigh Bardugo. Eight episodes of season 1 showed how people live on both sides of the canyon, but how to avoid danger remains a mystery. Only Alina has every chance to travel safely in the most terrible place on the planet.
Alina and Mal grew up together. They had to endure the attacks of their peers many times, but at the same time they always stick together. Their parents died while passing Shady Canyon when Mal and Alina were very young. The children were able to carry on friendship through the years and also went to the service together. Alina was a military cartographer, and Mal was a tracker.
In this world, people were divided into those who own magic, and everyone else. The abilities were limited, some could set fire, others could be doused with water. The main characters did not have such skills, which means they did not have a chance to get on a ship traveling on both sides of Ravka. Upon learning that Mal was able to get on board, Alina sets fire to important cards.
The commander is angry and invites Alina to go on a dangerous journey with the others to restore the maps. The girl agrees, and her whole group follows her. Almost immediately after the ship entered the canyon, they were attacked by monsters. Alina was frightened, but when she saw how one of them was trying to drag Mal away, she shoots. The monster lets Mal go, and Alina has time to run up. But at this moment the girl is attacked and suddenly a flash of bright light appears, similar to the one in which people have long ceased to believe…
After a short time, a group of people interrogates the guy who escaped from this ship and was able to come alive. He says that the myth that all the inhabitants of Ravka laughed at exists. A girl named Alina is that wonderful Sun Summoner, capable of destroying all monsters with a flash of bright light.
It would seem that now humanity has a chance to pass the canyon without fear, but there are people who are ready to use Alina for their own purposes. Will she be able to achieve freedom for her skills? Why is everyone so eager to benefit from the Sun Summoner? Who will help Alina find peace of mind?
Actors and their roles
- Alina – found out that she is the Sun Summoner, about which there were legends; her best friend is Mal, ready to help her in any business; before gaining superpowers, she was not respected in the military unit, she was forced to stand at the end of the line to get food or was not fed at all – Jessie Mei Li.
- Mal – Alina’s best friend; in childhood he was a coward and the girl often defended him; likes animals; fights for money; going to the canyon, he hoped to get out of there alive, but at the very beginning he was attacked by a flying monster and he had to fight for his life with all his might, in the end Alina helped him by shooting at the monster – Archie Renaux.
- Nina Zenik – works for money; can learn about a person that he would like to hide; is able to induce to remember what a person could forget about in a state of passion; the first to know about the existence of the Sun Summoner – Danielle Galligan.
- Shawn Levy has been appointed executive producer of the show and is known to many fans from the TV series “Stranger Things“. Together with the writer Leigh Bardugo, they oversee the work, including the writing of the script. One of Leigh’s demands was to keep deviations from the book as little as possible. Characters’ dialogue may change, but events remain the same.
- All of the actors on the show are world renowned. Shawn Levy does not like working with little-known artists, because he needs real professionalism on the set. With many actors and crew members of the TV series, he has already worked on other projects.
- Jessie Mei Li waited two months after the casting for approval from the membership. It was only after this time that the agent called her back and said that she became the owner of the leading role together with Archie Renaux, whom they did not know before filming began. Even the first rehearsals were held separately.
- David J. Peterson, master of non-existent languages, also had a hand in the TV series “Shadow and Bone”. Peterson is known for his work for popular projects: “Thor: The Dark World”, “Doctor Strange” and, of course, “Game of Thrones“.
Shadow and Bone Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||March 16, 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||March 16, 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||March 16, 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||March 16, 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||March 16, 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||March 16, 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||March 16, 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||March 16, 2023|