When Kirby Mazrachi was a teenager, she had to experience a real shock. A chance acquaintance turned out to be a road paved to hell for her. Since then, she has been constantly confused in events, although she always tries to pretend that everything is as it should be. Headphones accompany Kirby everywhere, but even the music cannot drown out the cries of her soul…
“Shining Girls ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the shocking thriller “Shining Girls” has not been officially announced, but according to film critics, such a successful project should be renewed for a new season. If filming for season 2 begins soon, it will premiere closer to the spring of 2023. In the meantime, we can only follow the news.
Kirby grew up as an ordinary child. She was interested in toys, and later cosmetics and boys. 6 years ago, she met a man named Harper, who seemed to her quite normal. Unfortunately, this was not the case — Kirby’s ripped open stomach, which the doctors had to sew up with difficulty, is proof of this. Harper turned out to be a real maniac, who in the end was never found.
Years passed, but Kirby couldn’t recover. She confused events, people, names. At the beginning of the TV series, it seemed to her that she lived with her mother and a cat. Later it turned out that she had a dog, and instead of her mother, she had been living with a work colleague for a long time. He is preoccupied with Kirby’s condition, but can’t do anything about it as Kirby doesn’t want to rummage through her memories.
Kirby now works for a successful newspaper, helping journalists find useful materials from the archive. So she accidentally learns about the murder, which was committed in the same way as he once did to her. The open abdomen on the corpse and other evidence indicated that the two crimes were committed by the same person. Determined to take revenge, Kirby heads to the suspect’s home.
But he turns out to be a completely different person. Leaving his home in fear, Kirby runs into Dan, a journalist known for his drug addiction, which nearly ruined his brilliant career. Deciding to join forces, they begin to work together on a crime. Dan has yet to find out about the strangeness of his colleague.
Time passes, and Kirby, as before, is confused in reality. She sees terrible things, sometimes she cannot find her way to her own house. From the moment the maniac showed up, the girl is getting worse. She is depressed, unable to think logically, and increasingly panics. And then comes another attack…
Whatever the day, so real stress. The move Kirby planned is cancelled. If before she thought that a change of residence would help her free herself from the world of illusions, now Kirby understands that wherever she goes, she takes herself with her. So, it’s time for her to open her eyes and look boldly at the one who almost took her life…
Actors and their roles
- Kirby Mazrachi — a victim of violence; has huge scars on her body, which she is embarrassed to show; the girl is very closed and does not share the details of her life with strangers; she has no friends, she is just not able to remember them, because she constantly confuses what is happening; joins forces with Dan to catch a dangerous criminal; works in the archives of the Chicago newspaper — Elisabeth Moss.
- Dan Velazquez — one of the best newspaper writers in the past who survived drug addiction; has not yet completely overcome addictions, but work allows him to forget about harmful substances; tries to understand Kirby and her motives, but later begins to see the girl from the other side, which leads to mutual trust — Wagner Moura.
- Jin-Sook — another victim of a crazy maniac; worked at the astronomical center, where Harper tracked her down; the girl was passionate about work, spent a lot of time in the office and was often alone on the roof — Phillipa Soo.
- Rachel — Kirby’s mom; worries about her daughter and her condition; suggests not to move because it doesn’t make sense — Amy Brenneman.
- The inspiration for the creation of the picture was the book of the same name by Lauren Beukes, written in 2013. Unlike the TV show, in the book each individual chapter is dedicated to one victim of a maniac. Lauren is not an active writer, as she devotes most of her time to caring for animals, which she writes about in educational literature.
- After the release of the TV series “The Handmaid’s Tale“, where Elisabeth Moss played the main role, her name thundered all over the world. Not only does the picture already have 5 seasons, but also the career of the actress has skyrocketed. Proposals for cooperation have become permanent. In 2020, the actress topped the list of the most powerful women in America.
- The Brazilian Wagner Moura also became popular closer to the age of 40, when the TV series “Narcos” and “Narcos: Mexico” appeared on the screens. Also famous paintings with the participation of Wagner are “Elite Squad” (Tropa de Elite), “Elite Squad: The Enemy Within” (Tropa de Elite 2), “Carandiru”.
Shining Girls Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||spring 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||spring 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||spring 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||spring 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||spring 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||spring 2023|