Patricia made a fatal mistake that cost her family too much. Together with her husband and two children, she leaves her hometown and settles in a luxurious mansion away from what surrounded her in the past. Unfortunately, the new place brings too much chaos. Only Patricia can understand where the ghosts came from in their home, and at the same time she can still write a book…
“Shining Vale ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the mystical comedy “Shining Vale” has not been officially announced, but some unofficial sources write that the season 2 is quite possible. If new episodes are released, it is unlikely to happen before March 2023. We continue to follow the news.
17 years ago, Patricia Phelps wrote a heartbreaking novel that has been read by millions of women around the world. Since then, the creative fuse has dried up, and the publishing agency endlessly threatens to break the contract with her. Worried about the lack of inspiration, Pat has physical intimacy with a plumber for a week, not really understanding what she is doing.
Upon learning of this, her husband Terry decides to save the marriage. And Pat herself is very sorry for what she did. Having asked her husband to move, she dreamed of more space and new experiences. Teenage children did not appreciate the idea of moving, although they tried to establish relationships with their peers. Having spent a lot of time at home, Patricia begins to notice strange phenomena.
Pat is talking to people who are not seen by other family members, she hears voices, sounds of music. At first, the family does not pay attention to the wonderful stories of the mother, but soon everyone agrees that she is going crazy just like her mother. Terry’s patience runs out when Pat’s gruesome handwriting appears on his work presentation.
Patricia denies any involvement in this, but everything converges: only she could have done this. Having lost the trust of family members, Pat is trying alone to figure out what the ghosts want from her. In the season 1, she establishes close contact with them, gets used to their presence and even helps to solve issues that turned out to be unresolved for them during their lifetime.
It turned out that the purchased house is fraught with many secrets. Sometimes Pat falls out of reality, gets lost in time and then cannot remember what she did in the near past. But when she affirms that she has not lost her mind, the reality around her changes. And a long-unfinished novel is being written by itself…
Actors and their roles
- Patricia Phelps — an unfaithful spouse who has kept in her memory happy moments of intimacy with a young worker; insisted on moving to another place, where she got even more problems, because the dead came to her with a desire to talk; dreams of finishing a new book as soon as possible, which she writes almost unconsciously — Courteney Cox.
- Terry Phelps — Patricia’s husband; calm, reasonable and so boring that Pat can barely contain her anger; for a long time he does not dare to admit to himself that he cannot save the marriage and forgive Pat; on the advice of a psychologist, he goes to his wife’s lover and takes the coffee maker to prove himself superior to him — Greg Kinnear.
- Gaynor — daughter of Pat and Terry; a rebellious girl going through puberty; in a new city, she meets a guy from a chastity club and is very surprised when at the meeting of this club people do not understand her stories about intimacy with a guy her mother did not like — Gus Birney.
- Jake — Gaynor’s brother; joined the Minecraft sports club, which made the whole family laugh for a long time; communicates with a peer who is also interested in this game; tries to retire to satisfy his needs, but he is constantly found; modest, obedient, loves parents more than his sister — Dylan Gage.
- The most successful work of Courteney Cox is still the TV show “Friends”, where she played Monica. In 2022, with her participation, the film “Scream” was released, which is a continuation of the previously released films of the same name, but its brilliant success is not comparable to that of “Friends”.
- The lively mind of Greg Kinnear did not allow him to feel warmth towards his character. In an interview before the release of the season 1, the actor admitted that he never achieved unity with his on-screen hero. Critics praised the actor’s performance, considering Terry a very realistic character and giving the TV series 6.5 points on IMDB.
- Courteney Cox has previously worked with screenwriter Jeff Astrof. For more than 5 years he has been writing the plot for the TV series “Friends”, and now he writes for “Shining Vale”.
- Film critics reacted differently to the TV show. According to some opinions, “Shining Vale” combines two seemingly incompatible genres (comedy and horror), but in the end it turned out to be a good TV series, especially if we take into account Courteney Cox’s excellent and even daring performance.
Shining Vale Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||March 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||March 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||March 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||March 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||March 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||March 2023|