Not every person finds work to their liking. Dreams are difficult to translate into reality – for this, like a puzzle, a lot has to come together. Anime “Sing” Yesterday “for Me” talks about a young guy Rikuo who is just beginning to understand life. And in this he will be helped by an ex-girlfriend, a new strange girl with a crow and a classmate with whom he was in love…
Genre – romantic comedy, drama.
Season 1 premiered on April 4, 2020.
Number of episodes – 18 episodes (12 + 6).
Original Anime Name – Yesterday wo Utatte.
Sing” Yesterday “for Me ss 2: release date, announcement
The anime was directed by Yoshiyuki Fujiwara. Among his works: “Tada Never Falls in Love“, “New game!”, “Attack on Titan“, “Sword Art Online“, “Blue Exorcist“. And this is not the whole list. According to the anime series we can see that the projects created by the master Yoshiyuki Fujiwara become popular and beloved by the audience. Is there any doubt that the anime “Sing” Yesterday “for Me” will be equally successful?
The series “Sing” Yesterday “for Me” really won the hearts of the audience. Unfortunately, the anime adaptation took over all volumes of the manga. Despite the fact that the last episode theoretically gives hope for the continuation of the story, most likely, the season 2 will not be released. At least in the near future.
Six months have passed since Rikuo Uozumi became a university graduate. Ahead is a serious adult life. But what to do? The guy did not even try to find a decent job. Or did he try, but something went wrong? All that Rikuo has at the moment is a part-time job in a grocery store, and a hobby in the form of a photograph, which, in fact, has been abandoned for a long time. Finding himself in this world was a difficult task. There is no strength to do something, there is emptiness in the soul. So, what is next? There is no purpose – it makes no sense to live.
An unexpected meeting with Shinako Morinome freshens memories when Rikuo was in love with her. He did not dare to confess to her anything. The guy is still experiencing these feelings. Need to do something. It is necessary to tell her about everything. But fate has prepared the guy another surprise – getting to know Haru…
There are so many beautiful girls around – Rikuo inevitably gets acquainted with new beauties and meets an old girlfriend. This is life. Is Rikuo ready to face such a reality? Can someone stir in him a love for himself and his fate? Will he be happy?
- Rikuo Uozumi – after graduation he went to work at the grocery store; photography was once his hobby; in love with Shinako since they were students; by nature calm, restrained, a little stubborn and depressive, risk is not for him; fed birds with food being removed from the shelves of his store; considers himself a failure in life.
- Haru Nonaka – girl with crow; often goes to the store where Rikuo works; has tender feelings for him; unlike Rikuo, the girl has known him for a long time; works in a cafe-bar; in bad relations with close relatives, with whom he prefers not to have common affairs and conversations; by nature cheerful, but secretive; not capable of harming other people; prefers dark colors in clothes.
- Shinako Morinome – was once a classmate of Rikuo, with whom the protagonist was in love; Shinako is a good friend of Rikuo; by nature calm, well-mannered, sweet and kind; prefers a conservative style of clothing; she dreamed of being a teacher, which in time came true; taught in the class where Haru studied; considers herself guilty for expelling Haru from school.
- The song “A Bird in a Cage”, which sounds in the anime, is performed by the popular Japanese rock band yourness, consisting of 4 people. The music group was created in 2014. The lyrics are a direct reflection of the anime, where the characters feel locked up in a cage, trapped in their thoughts and feelings. But another of the main characters, Crow, also influenced the creation of a song about a bird.
- The character Haru Nonaka is voiced by the young, but very experienced and popular Japanese actress Yume Miyamoto. At 23, the girl has a huge list of projects in which she took part. This anime:
– “Dororo” (character Okowa),
– “Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor” (character Rumia Tingel),
– “Id: Invaded” (character Kaeru / Kiki Asukai), etc.
- The manga was released in the amount of 1.4 million copies, and is considered one of the favorite works of a huge number of fans of this genre.
Sing "Yesterday" for Me Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|