The TV series “Single Drunk Female” is about a young girl named Samantha who forgoes her healthy lifestyle in favor of alcohol. And no matter how much advice she hears around, getting rid of addiction from this does not become easier. Sam is struggling to break out of the vicious circle, but who will help her forget about alcohol forever?..
“Single Drunk Female ss 2”: release date, announcement
Having won the love of the audience from the first episodes, the “Single Drunk Female” project received a significant chance for an early continuation. According to rough estimates, the season 2 will be ready in early 2023, the shooting of which was scheduled for March 2022. No official release date has yet been announced.
Samantha is known for her love of parties and a wild lifestyle. And it has long been clear that it is time for the girl to see a specialist, but she does not make any attempts to seek help. Her office colleagues see her indecent behavior, but Sam does not respond to requests from others to change. Then she gets to talk to the director.
He scolds the negligent employee for another delay, and when Samantha begins to make excuses, he decides to fire her altogether. Threatening free speech and using phrases from a feminist handbook, Sam starts a heated discussion that results in her accidentally hitting her boss with a telephone receiver. After hurting a man, she decides to surrender voluntarily.
And Sam receives a sentence: 30 days of community service and compulsory treatment. At the end of the term, her mother, Carol, comes for her, with whom she will have to live for a while. Feeling cornered, Sam begins attending social gatherings to help her overcome her addiction. There she meets James and Sam is surprised when he says that they know each other.
Living with Carol is the worst thing imaginable. The mother has a peculiar sense of humor and a keen desire to control everything around. A special surprise for Sam is her new relationship. Living in an environment that has led to drunkenness, Sam tries again not to get addicted to a bottle, but then, unfortunately, her friend Felicia offers to sit in a bar.
At first, the fighting spirit makes itself felt, and Samantha refuses alcohol. But very soon everything changes and the desire to enjoy a drunken state increases. As a result — another breakdown and a lot of trouble, ranging from a broken car to reproaches from the mother. It seems like life will never get better.
So Sam exists: every day she tries not to break loose again, but failures often visit the girl. What should she do to forget about alcohol? What damage will be fatal? The departure of her lover, the loss of her job and her own home she has already lost — what’s next?
Actors and their roles
- Samantha — a young girl who enjoys the benefits of a life without commitment; trying to cope with alcohol addiction, but more and more depressed; life collapses, loved ones turn their backs on Sam and only drinking friends remain; has feelings for James, but later switches to another — Sofia Black-D’Elia.
- Felicia — Sam’s best friend; active, cheerful; dresses provocatively; does not pay attention to her extra weight, considering it rather an advantage; likes to dance and drink; often persuades Sam to drink, after which both have problems with the police — Lily Mae Harrington.
- Carol — the despotic mother of the main character; takes her daughter after rehabilitation and insists on cohabitation; constantly inserts comments into the girl’s affairs, jokes ridiculously, drinks alcohol in front of Sam — Ally Sheedy.
- James — for Samantha, communication with James begins at meetings where they go together; however, for James, it all started much earlier, at Thanksgiving, when they retired to the toilet; leads a sports lifestyle and tries to introduce Sam to this — Garrick Bernard.
- The pilot episode is described by viewers as the worst one. On Imdb, it scored 6.8 out of 10 at a time when the rest of the episodes scored at least 7.5. The same opinion is formed about the trailer, which does not convey the full brightness of the picture’s emotions and shows only ordinary scenes.
- In 2018, the TV show “The Rookie” was released, where Lily Mae Harrington played a minor role. Then she was noticed by Simone Finch, the creator of the “Single Drunk Female” project. In 2019, Lily Mae successfully passed the casting and met Sofia Black-D’Elia, and a year later filming began.
- In 2016, popular Russian director Timur Bekmambetov released the “Ben-Hur” peplum, in which Sofia Black-D’Elia played Tirzah, Judah’s sister.
Single Drunk Female Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||early 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||early 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||early 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||early 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||early 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||early 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||early 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||early 2023|
|2x09||Series 9||early 2023|
|2x10||Series 10||early 2023|