The TV series “Slow Horses” begins with a special operation where a young employee River Cartwright fails to cope with the task, fails the mission and becomes the culprit in the death of more than 150 people. And even though the situation was just staged, River was sent away from the main office of MI5. Now Cartwright is running sleazy jobs on the outskirts of town, where the boss taunts him about his past on a daily basis…
“Slow Horses ss 2”: release date, announcement
Even before the premiere of the season 1, the creators of the TV series “Slow Horses” announced that they were preparing to release two seasons of 6 episodes each (it was also noted that perhaps it would be more correct to say one season, consisting of 2 parts of 6 episodes). The season 1 was an adaptation of the novel of the same name by British writer Mick Herron. The season 2 will be the film adaptation of his next book — “Dead Lions”.
There is no information about the exact date of the premiere of season 2, but unofficial sources write that, most likely, the release of new episodes will also take place in the spring, but already in 2023. We continue to follow the news.
During a practical operation, River Cartwright was chasing the wrong person. And although he received instructions from his superiors, the blame for the fiasco that occurred fell on Cartwright. No matter how hard he tried to regain his reputation in the eyes of his colleagues, nothing worked. In the end, the guy was transferred to the “Slow Horses” department.
His new boss, Jackson Lamb, is a lazy middle-aged man. He doesn’t seem to be interested in anything but the bottle. Torn socks, feet on the table, whiskey in the nearest chest of drawers — this is Lamb. For the past 8 months, Cartwright has hardly tolerated his company, listening to ridicule, following stupid orders and trying in every possible way to return to his former place of work. Lamb says this will never happen.
It has long been known that “Slow Horses” most often employs people who have made an irreparable mistake in the service of MI5. Sometimes they were immediately fired, while others were sent to subordinate to Lamb. Grandpa of Rivera is a respected person, which is why the guy wasn’t kicked out immediately after his mistake.
Meanwhile, River’s colleague, Sid Baker, is successfully doing one thing after another. While Lamb comes up with some unnecessary work to load River , the guy tries to find out what Sid is working on. The case turns out to be worthwhile, and he tries in every possible way to get into her partners. All he manages to do is become a messenger for MI5. Sid has acquired important information, and River will have to transfer the data to former employers. He himself is not averse to finding out what is on the flash drive entrusted to him.
Meanwhile, at the other end of the city, unknown people kidnap a young man and threaten the security services to show his beheading live. Trying to hush up the conflict, MI5 makes a lot of wrong moves, and River understands that he has a chance to prove to his colleagues that he is capable of more and can be trusted.
The guy wonders why Jackson Lamb is here. Although he pretends to be lazy and stupid, in reality Lamb is far from being like that. Soon they will have to work together and show colleagues from the “highest level” what the workers of “Slow Horses” are capable of…
Actors and their roles
- River Cartwright — a young kid who was misinformed and then sent away from the office where he dreamed of working; forced to endure the attacks of Lamb, who allows himself frivolity towards his subordinates; seeks help from his grandfather suffering from dementia; maintains good relations with colleagues; makes fun of Sid — Jack Lowden.
- Jackson Lamb — looking for happiness in alcohol; treats everyone badly, wanting to hurt everyone with his own words, only Sid periodically receives praise; repels loved ones, as if punishing himself for something; eats in cheap cafes; makes fun of others — Gary Oldman.
- Sidonie “Sid” Baker — a charming young employee of “Slow Horses”; Jackson’s favorite and his main assistant; performs the most difficult tasks and is punished by the boss for being at the workplace after 17.00 — Olivia Cooke.
- David Cartwright — River’s grandfather; forgets to lock the doors to the house, but does not want to admit to others how much his illness is progressing; knows why Lamb was sent to “Slow Horses” — Jonathan Pryce.
- The TV show premiered on Apple TV+ on April 1, 2022. There are rumors that the author of the novel of the same name, Mick Herron, may release several more books that will be a continuation of the TV series. But so far only two seasons are known.
- Gary Oldman is a popular British actor whose career began in 1979. In addition to participating in successful projects, including several parts of the “Harry Potter” movie, he is known for being married 5 times to famous women. Among them are Lesley Manville, Uma Thurman, Donya Fiorentino, Alexandra Edenborough and current wife Gisele Schmidt.
- Since 2014, Olivia Cooke has been nominated 14 times for various film awards and won 4 of them. These are the “Eerie Horror Film Festival Awards” in the category “Best Actress”, “Screen International” in the category “Rising Star” for the TV project “Ruby’s Skin” ” and 2 awards for the picture “Katie Says Goodbye” in the category “Best Actress”.
- Filming of the TV series started at the end of November 2020 and ended only at the end of summer 2021 with a break due to the coronavirus. The main locations were chosen in the English Westminster (Central London) and the city of Stroud, Gloucestershire.
Slow Horses Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||April 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||April 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||April 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||April 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||April 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||April 2023|