Smile Down the Runway Season 2
When a person lives only by a dream, nothing can lead him astray. But the presence of talent bestowed by nature does not mean anything in itself. You will come to victory only in conjunction with perseverance, work and faith in yourself. And to be on top of a mountain means to prove to yourself and to the whole world that you are worthy of respect…
Genre – romantic comedy, drama.
The premiere of the season 1 was held on January 10, 2020.
When will the sequel to the anime “Smile Down the Runway Season 2” be released?
At the moment, there is no official information that the director of the project Nobuyoshi Nagayama will undertake the continuation of the anime “Smile Down the Runway”. This does not mean that the project is closing. The ratings of the series are high enough to give a chance to the season 2. So let’s wait for the official statements.
In the fourth grade, Chiyuki Fujito already had a height of 158 cm. What will happen next? The girl clearly shows good inclinations to become a long-legged model. This is what young Chiyuki dreams of. Moreover, her father works in the modeling business, so the girl grew up surrounded by first-class models.
Time passed, and the growth of Chiyuki seemed to freeze at one mark: 158 cm and not a millimeter more! What happened? Will she have to forget about French Fashion Week? But this is the dream of her whole life! With such a small stature, even daddy’s connections will not help. Two years later, Chiyuki Fujito was fired by her father from his agency. But life goes on, and the girl again and again comes for interviews at the agency.
An unexpected acquaintance of Chiyuki with her classmate Ikuto Tsumura turns the world of both. The guy wants to become a clothing designer and enter the Tokyo Academy of Design. But the finances of a talented teenager do not allow a single step forward to his dream. Now they are each other’s support and hope. Together they are ready to overcome any obstacles. Model world, watch out!
- Chiyuki Fujito – a young girl 159 cm tall, dreaming of becoming a model; she is not one of those who will betray a dream, on the contrary, she will fight for it to the end; Chiyuki’s character is stubborn, strong-willed, has a strong competitive spirit; her goal is to become a model of the Paris fashion show, but the average height of the girls participating in the fashion show is 179 cm, which leaves Chiyuki no chance to get there; was a model at the “Mille Neige”, where her father was the director.
- Ikuto Tsumura – a classmate of Chiyuki, a fashion designer from God; Ikuto is shy, calm, hardworking by nature; the guy has always worked diligently in order to show others his talent and to prove to himself his importance in society; many designers initially did not take Ikuto seriously, but time put everything in its place; the guy manages to combine work and care for his family, although this is given to him with great difficulty; meeting with Chiyuki became crucial for him.
- Toh Ayano – a brilliant student designer, originally from France; up to 2 years old guy lived on the street as an orphan; despite the difficult childhood, fate smiled at him, he was adopted by the famous world designer Mai Ayano, who opened the whole world to his adopted son; Toh – Ikuto’s main rival; by nature ambitious, bold, confident in himself and his talent; despite the fact that Toh is surrounded by a huge number of people, he feels lonely; by all means trying to surpass the skills and fame of his guardian Mai Ayano, the owner of the brand “Aphro I dite”.
- The anime is based on the Japanese manga of the same name by Kotoba Inoya. The story has been published since May 2017 in Kodansha Weekly Sh Magnen Magazine. At the time of spring 2020, 15 volumes were published.
- The anime was directed by Nobuyoshi Nagayama, among his works: “Are You Lost?“, “Happy Sugar Life”, “My Girlfriend is Shobitch”, etc.
Smile Down the Runway Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|