7 years ago humanity was defeated in the fight against global warming. The result was the opposite — permafrost settled on Earth. The survivors are no more than 3 thousand people — they are doomed to travel forever on the intercontinental train that Mr. Wilford built for them. Here rights are defended, and the fate of the last people is decided…
“Snowpiercer ss 4”: release date, announcement
The project “Snowpiercer” gained popularity from the first episode and is still at a high level. Season 4 became known even before the premiere of the third one, but there is no information on the release date yet. Since the previous 2 seasons were released within one year (in January 2021 and January 2022, respectively), there is every reason to assume that we will see the season 4 in January as well, but already in 2023. However, due to the departure of the project from the TNT, the production process was delayed. There is information that before March 2023, the premiere of new episodes will not take place.
On the railway, laid on frozen ground, there is only one train, in which 1001 carriages are assembled. And while the rich, who bought tickets here in advance, live tolerably, eating food grown in local conditions, people in the tail end of the train can hardly find the strength not to die from the cold. The tail belongs to those who boarded the train without a ticket.
From time to time, train workers come here, bring the necessary provisions and let in some heat. There are no amenities in the tail, so the leader Andre Layton periodically arranges brawls to force the train attendants to pay attention to their worthless life.
The rest of the carriages are led by Mr. Wilford’s chief assistant, Melanie Cavill. She talks sweetly on the radio with passengers, resolves conflict issues and evasively avoids answering when asked where the boss is and why no one has seen him. In the season 2, the answer to this question becomes obvious — the girl stole the train.
One day, a serial maniac appears on the train, who kills people, cuts out their genitals and takes them with him. Wanting to put an end to arbitrariness, Cavill decides to turn to Layton, who worked as a detective before the cold. Deciding to learn more about the rest of the carriages and use the information for his own purposes, he agrees.
In another part of the train, which Melanie was able to unhook, were her parents and daughter. In season 2, Mr. Wilford caught up with those carriages and even showed Cavill her grown daughter, but Alexandra was antagonistic to her mother who had abandoned her. And no matter how Melanie begged for forgiveness, the girl did not reciprocate. Mr. Wilford prepared Alexandra well for her meeting with her mother.
Andre, a former enemy of Cavill, became her ally. The inhabitants of the tail were able to expand their territory, win other people over to their side, and even had the right to demand that the elite fulfill many requirements. That’s just Mr. Wilford won’t let them get their hands on his own vehicle that easily, after all he’s spent a lifetime building it…
Actors and their roles
- Melanie Cavill — a few years ago, on her own initiative, she began to own the train, but told others that Mr. Wilford still makes important decisions; meets with an engineer; manages the remaining carriages in her care; in season 2, she tried to improve relations with her daughter and make the life of those around her calmer — Jennifer Connelly.
- Andre Layton — a police detective who illegally entered a moving vehicle; was chosen by the leader without his consent; first got into elite carriages when a serial maniac appeared; uses all methods to ensure that all people live in the same conditions — Daveed Diggs.
- Mr. Wilford — the creator of the railway and trains traveling through the snowy world; tyrant, blackmailer, loves quarrels and heartbreaking spectacles — Sean Bean.
- Alexandra — Melanie’s daughter, who (according to Mr. Wilford) convinced herself of the carelessness of her mother; understands that for many years he deceived her when the mother tells what measures she took in order to take the child with her; afraid of Wilford, but in the end takes the side of Melanie — Rowan Blanchard.
- Daveed Diggs loves the work of Chris Evans, better known as Captain America in the MARVEL Cinematic Universe. In 2012, Chris starred in the film of the same name, where he played the prototype of Layton.
- In 2019, official information appeared that the TV series would be released on TBS, and not on TNT, as it was before. For almost a year, viewers languished in anticipation, but in the end, TNT regained the right to broadcast the TV show, albeit at a small loss. Showrunner Josh Friedman increased the previously agreed amount for the broadcast rights.
- While working on Season 1, Josh Friedman and the management of TNT were constantly arguing. As a result, Josh was removed from the project, they took Graeme Manson. Six months later, when Manson wrote his script, Scott Derrickson refused to direct the pilot episode, deeming Friedman’s version better. So Josh returned to the project as showrunner.
Snowpiercer Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|