Todd is already quite an adult man, but the revoked detective license does not give him the opportunity to work normally. Instead, he takes odd jobs working for an insurance company. His mother Margaret is unhappy that her son has not found his place in life. Annoying Todd with life lessons, one day she comes to the conclusion that it is beneficial for both of them to work together…
“So Help Me Todd ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the legal drama “So Help Me Todd” has not been officially announced. Film critics were unflattering about the season 1, which may affect the decision of the project management to start developing new episodes. If the shooting of the season 2 nevertheless begins, then its premiere will take place no earlier than the fall of 2023. In the meantime, we just have to keep an eye on the news.
Portland. Todd has to expose clients of an insurance company who are trying to illegally collect insurance money. One of his “victims” is a woman who claimed to have suffered a neck injury while working with a vacuum cleaner. Seeing her without a neck brace, he took several pictures to give to the employer. But when her children appeared nearby, dreaming of buying cereal from the store, Todd changed his mind.
Due to good intentions, he often loses profits, and for the past 2 years he has not been able to restore his detective license — it was seized under very dubious circumstances. Margaret often reminds her son that he owes her a large amount of money and to this day does not give it back. Then Todd decides to repay his mother in installments. Arriving at her house, he discovers that Harry, his stepfather, is missing.
Mother, who has kept the law all her life and worked as a lawyer for many years, does not understand where Harry could go. He suffered from Parkinson’s disease, and the woman was afraid that he would commit suicide, like his father. Together with her son, she goes in search of clues that can lead her to her husband. Todd does not hesitate to break the law and shamelessly uses gadgets to achieve results.
Margaret is dissatisfied with his methods, but the desire to find out where her husband has gone takes over. Arguing with her son about the need to break all sorts of rules, she soon realizes that this is how they can achieve the real truth. Todd finds Harry aboard the plane, and his stepfather confesses that he does not want to spend his remaining years with a woman as powerful as Margaret.
Confused, she realizes how hard it is for her loved ones to live with her. Margaret tries to control everything: the lives of children, workers, a few friends. Trying to get rid of a bad habit, she takes her son to work and tries to challenge the decision to revoke Todd’s license as a private detective. But is it so easy in her position to let others control the situation?
After Harry leaves, Margaret and Todd spend a lot of time together. The son learns that she has been trying to restore his license through the courts for two years, and this brings them even closer. The union of mother and son causes a lot of controversy, but the career of both is going up…
Actors and their roles
- Margaret — a successful lawyer, mother of two children; cannot come to terms with the fact that her son does not live according to her instructions; tries to always fulfill the law, but sometimes relies on her son, who does not consider it necessary to adhere to it; at the beginning of the series, her husband left her, who was tired of his wife’s leadership and decided to spend the rest of his life in peace — Marcia Gay Harden.
- Todd — worked as a private detective for a long time, but after a mistake by his partner, he lost his license; still in love with an ex-girlfriend who works with his mother; agrees to a new job only because he wants to earn money and save Margaret from evil clients, and the lawyer has more than enough of them — Skylar Astin.
- Allison — daughter of Margaret, constantly listens to her mother and her advice; not happy with her husband, who was forced on her; tries to help his brother, but because of the pressure of their mother, sometimes refuses him; suffers because Margaret made all the decisions in life for her; Once a week, she hosts a dinner with relatives at her house — Madeline Wise.
- In 2001, Marcia Gay Harden won the Oscars in the category “Best Supporting Actress” for the drama film”Pollock”.
- Together with the TV show “So Help Me Todd”, in 2022 the TV project “Spring Awakening: Those You’ve Known” was released, where Skylar Astin got one of the main roles.
- In the pilot episode, the role of Margaret was played by American actress Geena Davis. But after filming, the actress left the project. In her place, Marcia Gay Harden was accepted, who played in all the main episodes.
- The pilot episode was filmed in March 2022 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Filming for the main episodes began in July 2022 in the same city. Margaret’s legal office was one of the premises of TD Bank, a banking and financial corporation.
So Help Me Todd Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|