Korvo, along with his companions Jesse, Yumyulack, Terry and the Pupa, are captured on planet Earth. No, they can be easily released outside the galaxy, but the ship on which they arrived is broken. While Korvo is looking for a way to fix the breakdown, the rest of the crew are enjoying life on an overpopulated planet…
“Solar Opposites ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the animated sitcom “Solar Opposites” is scheduled for release in May 2021. This information is officially confirmed, since Hulu, the broadcasting cartoon, bought back the rights for two seasons in 2019, which should be released with a frequency of one year.
Korvo and the rest of the satellites lived beautifully on the planet Shlorp, but a giant asteroid turned it into an unsuitable for life. They had to wander around the expanses of space and look for a place in which they could live in peace. Unfortunately, the ship breaks down and falls to Earth – a planet that is already overpopulated by various creatures.
Terry quickly adapts to the local life. Jesse and Yumyulack also try to enter into some kind of social circle, but their attempts are unsuccessful. And in fact, to enter society when you are a schoolboy with a strange appearance is not an easy task. This really upsets Jesse and Yumyulack, so they are looking for ways to make friends with the “tough guys”.
Being a pessimist, Yumyulack does not seek excuses for human actions. Instead, he uses his diminutive beam to make his enemies become the size of an ant. Then he sends them to his secret shelter, from which it is almost impossible to find a way out. Over time, there begins a struggle for power, which has long been in the hands of an unworthy person.
At this time, Terry persuades Korvo to at least a little get away from the repair of the ship and relax. The pessimistic mood of Korvo is constantly becoming the beginning of all the troubles in which aliens fall. Often the reason for their adventures is another thing necessary to complete the ship.
Alien life is in full swing, but some of them are too absorbed in their depression to see this. While Jesse and Terry are trying to adapt to life on Earth, Korvo and Yumyulack want to quickly get rid of the annoying earthlings. Who will win this battle and what decision will they make when the ship is repaired?
- Korvo – an alien; constantly walks in a raincoat; most of his life is not in the mood, because everything annoys him; adores his family, although sometimes he tries to do something for his own benefit; Korvo is very attached to its companions and is ready to do many things exclusively for them – Justin Roiland.
- Terry – an alien who flew to Earth with Korvo and the rest; considers it his duty to cheer Korvo and distract from business; constantly comes up with new methods so that Korvo does not feel sad, so the guys get into trouble; Terry supports Yumyulack and Jesse – Thomas Middleditch.
- Jesse – an alien girl; trying to prove to Yumyulack that people are not so bad, but in the end forced to agree to the opposite; hard to accept disappointment; is a deity to the people whom Yumyulack has reduced, since she sometimes throws them food – Mary Mack.
- Yumyulack – an alien; goes to school, tries to make friends with cool guys, but when he doesn’t succeed, he is very worried and comes up with a new way; often uses a diminishing beam to punish people who are trying to treat him badly – Sean Giambrone.
- The executive producers of the project were Justin Roiland and Mike McMahan. They are the creators of the cult cartoon “Rick and Morty“, which is gaining the same ratings as the “The Simpsons” and “South Park” 20 years ago. All projects are not similar to each other, but the stream of thoughts of the author carries a huge amount of various information.
- Work on the Solar Opposites project began back in 2018. But the leadership had to make a lot of efforts to present their creation profitably. For this, the executive producers took a year and a half. And only after that it was decided to start creating episodes that would excite the minds of the audience, as was the case with the previous cartoons of Roiland and McMahan.
- Sean Giambrone became even more famous as a voice actor after the release of season 1 of the animated series “Solar Opposites”. Although Sean is a good actor, his ability to speak is valued more than acting skills.
- Justin Roiland did not stop at the role of producer. Realizing that no one could speak in the voice of Korvo, he decided to try to make the timbre himself. And it turned out! Justin already had experience in dubbing. This is the animated series “Rick and Morty”, where the main characters speak in the voice of Roiland – he took up the voice acting of two characters at once.
Solar Opposites Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||May 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||May 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||May 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||May 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||May 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||May 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||May 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||May 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||May 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||May 2021|