The TV show “Solos” tells several stories about people who travel in time and influence the course of the future. This leads to irreversible consequences, but there is no limit to human fantasies. Someone wants to save those who are dear to their hearts, while others are hungry for profit. But all are united by one thing – a craving for new knowledge. What paths will help the heroes? Where will the road of time lead?
“Solos ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the captivating multi-part anthology “Solos” has not been announced, but the show has every chance of success. If filming starts shortly, Season 2 will be released tentatively in the spring of 2022. We are waiting for official information.
Each episode forces the viewer to make a choice and side with the character, but is it easy to understand someone else’s truth?
People are different. For example, in 2024, Leah actually lives in a basement and dreams of going into the future. There are a lot of different techniques here that help her make calculations. After 5 years and 10 thousand unsuccessful mistakes, she was able to communicate via video link with herself from the future. But she didn’t like such communication, because after 5 years Leah would become very boring and would not want to reveal secrets.
As a result, Leah has to admit to herself from the future that she dreams of leaving 2024, in which she is now. It is unbearable for her to think that her mother is slowly dying from an incurable disease. The girl wants to free herself from this burden, and she is ashamed to admit to herself that she dreams of leaving her loved one. But Leah thinks she can’t do otherwise.
Learning from the future that a cure has not been invented for the mother, Leah turns to the past and asks young Leah to influence the events that will lead the mother to illness. The consequences are irreversible, and everyone understands this – the basement apartments of the mad scientist disappear, and then she herself.
Tom recently found out that in 5 months he will die. In order to somehow make the life of his loved ones easier, he orders his humanized copy for 30 thousand dollars. At first, the relationship between the real and the modified Tom does not add up, since both have the same irascible nature. But then a conversation starts between them.
The real one talks about his life, the fear that his mother hates him, because she constantly complains about him. Then he talks about his wife. And even shares the details of his intimate life. Wanting the robot to be no different from himself, Tom tells how to put children to bed, what to buy and what traditions are in the family. The relationship between them is getting warmer.
In the soul of every person there are secrets that float out only in critical circumstances. Finding themselves in such situations, our heroes do not know how to take a step towards themselves and is it worth it? After all, we will never know what awaits us in the future…
Actors and their roles
- Leah – a brilliant woman scientist who wants to escape from life’s difficulties; she dislikes her sister, who does not want to look after her mother, and is forced to do everything alone; decides to change not only the future, but also the past, persuading the young herself to follow her mother and her illness in time; afraid to admit cowardice to herself – Anne Hathaway.
- Tom – owns a small company; recently learned that he will die in 5 months; his arrogant character is unbearable even to those people who brought him the robot; Tom was outraged that the robot did not look like him, although in reality he was an exact copy of his master; wanted to leave a robot in his place after his own death, so that his wife, children and mother would not guess that he had died – Anthony Mackie.
- Zach Braff, best known for playing J.D. from the TV series “Scrubs”, directed the show “Solos”. Braff liked the idea of not linking the episodes together. Several years ago he wanted to get into the TV project “American Crime Story“, but the director’s place was already taken by that time.
- The idea for the TV series belongs to David Weil. He took part in directing and correcting scenes written by the scriptwriters. Weil was on set almost constantly and tirelessly supervised the workflow. His last project “Hunters” was not very successful, and David only blames himself for this.
- Anne Hathaway is the only guest actress. With her participation, the 1st episode of the season 1 was released – so the creators decided to attract the public’s attention to the show. Thanks to her “triple” acting, it became possible to immediately reach a large audience, because the actress has millions of fans around the world. Her fee was $ 150,000 per episode, more than Anthony Mackie.
- In 2019, David Weil revealed that he would like to make a breakthrough in the field of cinematography. Then it became known that he was preparing an untitled project for filming. Later in the American newspaper “New York Times” at the mention of the TV show, the name “Solos” appeared, which later became the main one. David Weil retired from the role of actor in 2015 and since then he prefers to work behind the scenes.
Solos Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|