Star Citizen review and release date
Star Citizen is a greatest space simulator under development. The release date of the game is not advertised, but it is known for certain that this event will happen this year. The development of the simulator deals with the company Cloud Experiment Gimes Corporation, widely known to the world for its previous works, such as Wing Commander, Starlancer and Privateer.
The uniqueness of the project lies in the fact that the game combines the mechanics of a first-person tactical shooter, a space simulator and a trading simulator integrated into one universe of the Star Citizen game. Well-designed graphics allow you to get the most pleasure and leaves a pleasant impression of the passage of missions.
When will the game Star Citizen?
The release of the new version of the Alfa 3.1 simulator is scheduled for March 31, 2018
The plot of the game Star Citizen
Star Citizen is a masterpiece of space fiction, where you are the pilot of a combat spaceship. The combat system is built on your ability to control a ship in the universe, supported by developers with millions of other players.
You can improve your ship with various modules, changing its tactical and technical characteristics. Although most of the time, of course, you will spend in your spaceship, nevertheless you will have the opportunity to play first-person.
In the game, you create your character: it can be a pirate or a minister of law, a trader or a freelancer, the right to decide is yours. The awesome gameplay and a host of engineering solutions wrapped in an excellent graphics shell allows you to land your spaceship on any planet, while observing the physical conditions of space bodies and luminaries, as well as other nuances.
As in previous versions, there are several main sections in the game:
- “Universe” is a permanent Universe, in which the whole course of events unfolds. Here it is necessary to carry out missions, to explore outer space, planets and so on.
- “Star Marine” is a first-person shooter where pilots can train, acquire the necessary skills for missions.
- “Arena Commander” is a simulator in the game. Here, a gamer can test their abilities in the fight against bots, pirates, acquire the necessary skills to control the ship.
History of the Star Citizen gamebuilding
- 2011 is the official demo of the game, presented by the head of the company Chris Roberts.
- October 10, 2012goda – an official announcement of the project, which used Cryengine 3.5.
- August 15, 2013 – the release of the gameplay module “Hangar Module” is presented. Players for the first time were given the opportunity to independently explore the game objects in the form of ready spaceships and interiors of several hangars.
- June 4, 2014 – the second major release of the project took place. This is the module “Arena commander”, for the first time allowing gamers to fly in starships and take part in battles.
- April 30 – July 15, 2015 – Chris Roberts is filming a single campaign Squadron 42. The shooting was attended by Hollywood stars, such as Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill.
- August 22, 2015 – the release of the planetary module, which allowed players to explore the landing zone on the example of the Game Zone Area 18 on the planet StrantonIII, is presented.
- December 2, 2015 – the release of the module, which combined all the modules at once. This release was a version of Alpha 2.0. and was called Star Citizen Universe. The whole star system became available for flights and research.
- January 17, 2016 – preparation for the release of the game. Available for flights of more than seventy stars.
What to expect from Star Citizen Alpha 3.1?
At the time of the release of a full-fledged game version of the universe, Star Citizen will have about one hundred and thirty star systems, created with regard to coordinate accuracy.
What does it mean? And this means that the scale of game activity is enormous. It will take many months for the gaming community to explore the vast expanses of space!
And an individual player, perhaps, in a few years will not be able to visit all corners of the Star Citizen Universe.
You will walk through huge space stations, go to bars, see the characters of other people and communicate with other players. You will be able to walk through your spaceship, go out into space in a spacesuit or invite other players to your spaceship.
And most importantly – you can go on boarding other ships and capture them, participating in the shootings as if in a shooter.
In 2018, the release of the third episode of a single campaign Squadron 42 (Squadron 42), which should number more than thirty hours of gameplay, is planned. The whole campaign is designed for sixty hours, during which your friend can connect to your mission and take the place of one of the computer partners.
It will add fun and enthusiasm to the passing game!
Star Citizen system requirements
|Minimum Requirements||Predicted Requirements|
|CPU||Core i5-4460 / FX-8320||Core i7-4790 / FX-8370|
|Graphics Card||GeForce GTX 760 / Radeon R7 260X v3||GeForce GTX 1080 / Radeon R9 FURY X 4GB|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|HDD Space||45 GB||45 GB|