The animated series tells us about the life of people working on the lower decks of a spaceship. Each person is a story that can not only influence the commanders of the upper deck, but also set the pace for the ship as a whole. Beckett Mariner and Brad Boimler work in the lower deck, but both could affect those who fly the ship…
“Star Trek: Lower Decks ss 2”: release date, announcement
Even before the end of the season 1, the project’s management announced that viewers would see season 2. The sequel to the fascinating animated series “Star Trek: Lower Decks” is scheduled to be released in the summer, but in 2021. It is hoped that the coronavirus will not again force the “freeze” of film projects, as it was in the spring of 2020.
The main action takes place on a minor ship, which interacts with new civilizations. The main goal of the ship is to find new contacts.
Starship “Cerritos” rushes through the vastness of space, and at this time hundreds of people are working on it. One of the lower deck employees is Brad Boimler, the ensign in charge of order. Sometimes he is called to the bridge, where the ship’s captain is most often. Brad is very proud of this and even takes a simple order to wipe spilled coffee with pride.
In secret, Boimler keeps a logbook. He will never become a captain, but he tries to adopt all the habits that he has. One day, the lower deck worker, Beckett Mariner, catches him at the next entry of all sorts of nonsense in his logbook. Beckett hates everyone who works on the upper deck. And few people know that the captain of the ship is her mother.
Their relationship is difficult. Mom is constantly trying to get her daughter off her ship. And one day she even resorts to the help of Boimler – now he must monitor Beckett and report all her violations. Instead of spying on a colleague, Brad decides to tell Mariner the whole truth.
Another ensign, Rutherford, has recently become somewhat cyborg. It is difficult for him to get used to his new image, because his mechanical part constantly prevents him from building relationships with girls. His first date turns out to be successful, although part of the cyborg tries to ruin everything. Rutherford spends a crazy evening in the company of a beauty with whom he intends to meet in the future.
Each member of the lower deck has their own opinion about those who are higher in rank. Rutherford is ready to just work for the good of the ship, Brad dreams of working on the bridge with ecstasy, and treats all commanders in awe. But Beckett does not respect anyone and considers her mother to be a terrible, boring captain, whom they do not deserve.
While each of them chooses a side, various things happen on the ship concerning them. Either the new civilization turns out to be not very friendly, then the unknown will sneak aboard the ship. The captain is not alone in deciding the fate of the “Cerritos”. It all starts from there – from the lower decks…
Actors and their roles
- Rutherford – a cyborg guy whose human nature is very timid; cyborg – on the contrary, is more confident in himself and has a practical approach to work; Rutherford is dating a girl from the lower decks, they have common interests and great sympathy for each other – Eugene Cordero.
- Beckett Mariner – a naughty lower deck worker; she is an unwanted daughter for her parents; undermines the authority of her mother in every possible way, as a result of which the mother tries to throw Beckett from the ship with the help of Brad’s denunciations; fortunately for Beckett, Boimler didn’t turn it in – Tawny Newsome.
- Brad Boimler – insecure lower deck worker; constantly becomes a victim of Beckett’s adventures, but still covers her; keeps a logbook, because he wants to be like the captain; Brad is very shy, tries to fulfill the orders of the captain unquestioningly, but in the case of Beckett, he decided to go the other way – Jack Quaid.
- Chronologically, the events of the animated series begin immediately after the movie “Star Trek: Nemesis”, which was released in 2002 and before the series “Star Trek: Picard“, which began in early 2020 and continues to this day.
- On August 6, 2020, the first episode of the animated series appeared, which was a real explosion for fans of the Star Trek franchise. The series is indeed very dynamic, and the bright, combative character of Becker, the main rebel of the project, brought unusual chaos to the animated series.
- Jack Quaid was indignant before voicing Brad. In the TV series “The Boys” he plays an insecure person, and here he was also offered to voice a similar character! In fact, Jack was joking, because he knows very well what image is created when people hear his voice.
- The audience showed the greatest interest in the cartoon at the end of the first two episodes. The audience increased from 1 million to 2 million viewers who watched the episode live.
- Eugene Cordero admitted that his character is similar to his hero. But contrary to the cyborg intelligence of Rutherford, Eugene is processing similar questions in his head. But the answer is the same as Rutherford would have given.
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||August 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||August 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||August 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||August 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||August 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||August 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||August 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||August 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||August 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||August 2021|