Disney+ presents another new addition to the Star Wars universe, Tales of the Jedi. The animated series is filmed in the anthology genre and tells stories from different time periods related to the prequel trilogy era. The main characters are the Jedi, who have been successful with the audience over the past decades…
“Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the space anthology “Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi” has not been officially announced. The project came out as a mini-series and is most likely a finished project.
The animated picture follows two paths, one of which turns out to be the life of Ahsoka Tano. In the tribe where she was born, mothers went hunting when the child was one year old. So Ahsoka’s mother, Pav-ti, took a one-year-old girl with her and went to the forest near her native village to hunt for prey. The sortie was unsuccessful: Pav-ti stumbled upon a deer, but barely knocking him down, she was at gunpoint of a beast that looked like a tiger.
The uphill battle ended with Ahsoka being kidnapped. The girl was stolen by the same tiger Pav-ti tried to shoot. The whole village gathered to search, but no one managed to find Ahsoka. And when the parents were preparing to mourn their child, a tiger appeared from the forest, who, riding on himself, brought the child. Thus the tribe learned that a powerful Jedi had been born among them.
Another episode of the season 1 told about the ghost planet where Jedi Master Dooku and Qui-Gon Jinn went. The gift of persuasion helps them resolve the controversial situation with the hostage, as well as help the inhabitants of the planet gain freedom and independence from external encroachments. Later, it becomes known about the mysterious death of a Jedi, which Count Dooku and Mace Windu will have to solve.
Qui-Gon becomes aware that there may be Sith on Tatooine, and together with Dooku they have to find out if this is true. When Qui-Gon dies, Yaddle finds out that Dooku was trained by Darth Sidious, and that changes everything.
The next episode will show Anakin Skywalker, whose approach to Ahsoka’s training seems extremely harsh. After the death of Padme Amidala, the powerful queen of Naboo, Ahsoka has to go into hiding and become a farmer for a while. Padme idolized Ahsoka when she was still very young and even tried to protect her from evil spirits.
There are many such stories, and each hero has a true reason to be on the dark side or the light side. Soon the audience will meet familiar characters, but in a different guise — Ahsoka was not always the way we used to see her, and Count Dooku will still be able to surprise everyone…
- Ahsoka — a representative of the race from Naboo; showed the power of a Jedi at the age of one, after hunting with her mother; trained with Darth Vader, where she was subjected to severe stress; she is a brave warrior, for the first time in her life she heard the phrase “do not be afraid” from the lips of her own mother, who could not save her from the animal — Ashley Eckstein.
- Count Dooku — was previously a Jedi, but after he became disillusioned with the teachings of the Jedi Order, he decided to go over to the dark side of the Force; for a long time was on good terms with Qui-Gon, although they had different outlooks on life — Corey Burton.
- Pav-ti — Ahsoka’s mother, the keeper of the family hearth, sacredly reveres spiritual values and believes in the gods; adores her daughter and does everything for her education; becomes a victim of a predator attack and blames herself for the loss of the child; after Ahsoka returned, Pav-ti finds the strength to thank the animal and let it go in peace — Janina Gavankar.
- The season 1 of the picture came out surprisingly short: only 6 episodes with a running time of 15 minutes.
- Producer and creator of the project Dave Filoni began developing the script back in 2019 during his work on the TV show “The Mandalorian“, which also belongs to the Star Wars universe. He received an offer from Carrie Beck, vice president of production at Lucasfilm, to make a separate animated series based on short stories about the Jedi.
- Dave Filoni felt it was his duty to tell the stories of the Jedi that would later determine their fate. It was important for him to show the audience that for the first time Ahsoka heard the phrase “do not be afraid” from her mother, and also to introduce the world in which Count Dooku has to make difficult decisions before going over to the dark side of the force.
- Ashley Eckstein and Corey Burton have previously voiced their characters, not only in animated series, but also in video games that are released regularly.
- A similar animation design has already been used before. It was the “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” project.
- Liam Neeson, who played Qui-Gon Jinn in the original film, returned as the voice actor, with a younger version of the character voiced by his son Michael Richardson.
- The series was composed by Kevin Kiner. He previously wrote music for “Star Wars Rebels” and “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”.
Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|