Thanks to the built-in chips, the Imperial Army obey orders with ease. Their will is enslaved by their creator, who requires that all who fight for the Republic unquestioningly carry out any, even the most incomprehensible or cruel orders. But what if the best warriors are those on whom such a chip does not work?
“Star Wars: The Bad Batch ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the captivating animated series “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” was officially announced in August 2021. It is planned that viewers will see the new episodes on January 4, 2023. This is quite expected, because the high ratings of the season 1 indicate the success of the project.
The Imperial Warriors dislike Clone Force 99, led by Captain Hunter. They are called “Bad Batch”, but the squad members themselves are not worried about it. The percentage of operations of the 99th squad is 100% and this is the best indicator among the rest. Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair and Echo are the ones that make up this group.
One day they receive order 66, as a result of which innocent people die. Realizing that he may disobey orders, Hunter decides to see if the others are capable of it. It turns out that they can. Only Crosshair does not like the fact that the orders of the imperial commanders remain unfulfilled.
Arriving at the base, the team meets a girl named Omega. She quickly realizes that the Crosshair chip is much more sensitive to the commands of his superiors and therefore he cannot resist orders as much as the others. At this time, the Hunter’s team becomes attached to the child and wants to kidnap the girl in any way. Wrecker even makes her a separate room.
The plan comes to mind suddenly. And now, Omega is already traveling with might and main with Clone Force 99. They were recognized as deserters and if they were discovered, they could lose their lives. But few can compare with them in battle. Knowing how to perfectly disguise themselves, they can travel the world. They have friends who can help and raise a good girl out of Omega.
But plans change as the Imperials closely follow their trail. On the part of the group, one mistake after another occurs. In particular, the path is complicated by the inexperienced Omega, whom the enemies are chasing, and Crosshair, who considers it his duty to destroy the deserters, even if it is his comrades.
The girl is growing, and along with her problems are increasing. The situation of the fighters worsens, because other enemies are added to the Imperial ones. The combat power of Clone Force 99 is defeated, but they do not give up until the last. After all, they have something for which they are ready to fight until the very end. But Imperial actions are taking too harsh on the future of the Hunter and his people.
Main characters and voice actors
- Omega — a young girl who met with Clone Force 99 in her abode; wayward, friendly and active child; quickly became attached to the Hunter, Wrecker and the rest of the team, so when it was time for them to leave, she desperately asked to go with them, but her attempt was in vain; later, Hunter himself came for her and took her with him — Michelle Ang.
- Hunter — doing the next task in his own way and accidentally found out that he did not obey the orders of his superiors, like his detachment, so he became a deserter, because he did not want to kill innocent people; took Omega with him and hoped to give her a better life than she could get — Dee Bradley Baker.
- The events of the TV series develop parallel to the plot described in the movie “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith” and continue for several months. Next up in the chronology is “Obi-Wan Kenobi” limited series, which tells the story of the great figure of those times and is likely to be released in the same year as Season 2 of “Star Wars: The Bad Batch”.
- Season 1 of the animated TV series took less than one year to prepare. In July 2020, Disney+ ordered the first season of the animated series and received 16 episodes on May 4 of the following year. The first episode lasted 1 hour 10 minutes, the rest – 23-25 minutes. Dave Filoni has taken over as executive producer again, as in past films in the franchise.
- The screenwriter was Jennifer Corbett, whose vast experience helped to easily edit the story already familiar to everyone from the Star Wars comics. In 2018, she was already working on the animation project “Star Wars: Resistance”, but in 2020 it was closed and Jennifer was invited to another project.
- Michelle Ang was casting for a voice actor and was older than all of her contenders. At the time of work, she was already 37 years old at the time. Michelle hails from New Zealand, which helped her voice Omega without an Asian accent.
Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||January 4, 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||January 4, 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||January 11, 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||January 18, 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||January 25, 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||February 1, 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||February 8, 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||February 15, 2023|
|2x09||Series 9||February 22, 2023|
|2x10||Series 10||March 1, 2023|