From childhood, Courtney Whitmore has been waiting for her father to come to her. While still a little girl, standing in front of the Christmas tree, she guessed that her mother knew more about him than she said. But her father was still gone. But then the stepfather appeared, who initially seemed to her the cause of all the troubles. And when, due to Pat’s fault, they had to move from a big city to a place forgotten by God, Courtney’s grievances became more noticeable…
“Stargirl ss 2”: release date, announcement
Season 2 of the TV show “Stargirl” has officially premiered. The new episodes will be shown on August 10, 2021!
According to some reports, the project will have a minimum of 3 seasons, so we can be sure that the following episodes will appear soon.
The small town made Courtney not just anyone, but an object of gossip and conflict. The girl constantly ran into various stories. However, she still continued not to love her stepfather, and terrorized her mother with reproaches. At this time, Pat was desperately trying to hide his secrets from prying eyes, including from his own family.
A few years ago, a superhero partner nicknamed Starman died in his arms, whose weapon was a flying staff. At the last moment, Starman asked Pat to find a successor for his staff. But years passed, and the Cosmic thing didn’t react to anyone like that. After moving, Courtney decides to head to the basement, where she stumbles upon Pat’s things. Curiosity takes over.
She opens one of the drawers and sees a staff that instantly recognizes her master in it. The lush temper of the little thing immediately attracts attention, and Courtney decides to use the acquired skills. She can now fly with the staff, perform gymnastic tricks and, as it turned out, even shoot.
When Pat discovers that Courtney has revealed his secrets, he tells the secret of the staff. Although it’s hard for him to admit that a schoolgirl owns a superhero’s weapon, it’s stupid to deny it. At this time, the girl asks more and more questions and tries to learn more about Starman, since her father did not return for Christmas. Just at that time, Starman died in the arms of a friend.
When deciding to ask her mother if Starmen could be her father, Courtney finds out that in fact, everything is much simpler. He is an ordinary person who abandoned his family and did not want to see his daughter. Then the girl tries to forget the child’s insults and live on, creating her own society, which will protect people who need help…
Actors and their roles
- Pat Dugan – Barbara’s husband; Courtney’s stepfather; her friend with whom at the very beginning there were disagreements; used to work in tandem with Starman, but after the death of a friend retired; married and got children; Pat is humble, trying not to reveal all the secrets until the truth climbs out; helps Courtney the same way he used to help Starman – Luke Wilson.
- Barbara – Pat’s second wife; Courtney’s mom; tries to make life easier for her daughter, who constantly asks questions about her father and is naughty when she sees Pat; Barbara is a workaholic; She is ready to invest all funds in the family, while she is an exemplary mistress and wife, ready to move her husband to the ends of the world – Amy Smart.
- Courtney – schoolgirl, was forced to move because her mom married Pat; Courtney now has a half-brother with whom she does not want to communicate; over time, her relationship with her stepfather became better and now she loves and respects him; is the owner of Starman’s staff – Brec Bassinger.
- The show premiered on May 18, 2020. Then the whole world was closely following the new product, since many countries were simply in quarantine. Nevertheless, the rating of season 1 was not bad, which allowed them to continue work on season 2 without hesitation. Acting contracts were extended for the season, so there is no doubt about the continuation coming out.
- Brec Bassinger in real life is obsessed with comics. Adoring superheroes, the girl decided to study at acting university. Everything, just to play her favorite heroine. Over time, Brec realized that her appearance would help her more with the role of Stargerl. Having learned about the casting in the new series, she tried her hand and passed the audition, bypassing about 100 competitors.
- Amy Smart admitted that if not for age, she herself would not mind playing Stargerl. But the years take their toll and now the actress is forced to fade into the background, giving way to the young. This did not become an obstacle for the ladies – Brec and Amy are great friends both on the set and beyond. In between filming, they often spend time together.
- Luke Wilson for a long time refused to take part in the show, because he was tired of fantastic topics. He still attends auditions, which are about psychological realistic thrillers, but the audience stubbornly wants to see him in fantastic films. So Luke continues to act in projects that are not close to him, but for which he receives good money.
Stargirl Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||August 10, 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||August 17, 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||August 24, 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||August 31, 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||September 7, 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||September 14, 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||September 21, 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||September 28, 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||October 5, 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||October 12, 2021|